Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 hours ago, starliteyes said:

The song is Rap Tap on Wood by Cole Porter from Born to Dance.   Eleanor Powell's vocal was dubbed by Marjorie Lane, but nobody had to dub Eleanor's taps.

Oh, But Ellie dubbed her own taps.:D

Star, you can tap your troubles away with the next question.....

• Like 1

The song is "I Dream Too Much" from the 1935 movie of the same name.  It was written by Jerome Kern and Dorothy Fields and was sung by coloratura soprano Lily Pons.  The movie also starred a young Henry Fonda.  I couldn't find a clip from the movie, but here is a recording by Miss Pons:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/28/2020 at 12:58 AM, MilesArcher said:

Thanks.  You'll probably know this one:

Love has found my brother, Junior
And my sister's even loonier!  

You know, Miles, I actually didn't recognize these lyrics, and then, in the wee small hours of the morning, I was watching a performance of Carousel (not the movie) on youtube and the ensemble was singing June is Busting Out All Over and suddenly I heard the lyrics above and voila!  I had the answer.   

• Like 1

Very good, Starlit.  Of course, it was written by Rodgers and Hammerstein. In the movie the song is performed by Claramae Turner as Hettie, Barbara Ruick as Carrie, and a whole lot of very energetic singers and dancers.  Here's a clip:

That number was filmed at Boothbay Harbor, Maine. 

Nice job, Star.  Now it's up to you to challenge us with the next one. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, starliteyes said:

Walk up and say "How be ya
Gee, but I'm glad to see ya, pal
How's tricks? What's new?"

"  The Babbitt and The Bromide " by the Gershwins and performed by Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly in the Ziegfeld Follies.... 

It was written originally for Fred Astaire and his sister Adele in their 1927 hit Broadway musical "Funny Face".

11 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

"  The Babbitt and The Bromide " by the Gershwins and performed by Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly in the Ziegfeld Follies.... 

It was written originally for Fred Astaire and his sister Adele in their 1927 hit Broadway musical "Funny Face".

Sorry, Princess, but that is not the song, although I can see how you might have thought it was.  The song in question is from a 1930's film and was written for the film and not previously done in a Broadway show.

• Thanks 1

The song is "Love Thy Neighbor" , which was written by the songwriting team of Mack Gordon and Harry Revel.   It was sung by Bing Crosby in the 1934 film "We're Not Dressing".  Here is a recording by Bing:

It's another song from the team of Harry Warren and Mack Gordon.  The song is "My Heart Tells Me".  It was sung by both Betty Grable and Phil Regan in the 1943 movie "Sweet Rosie O'Grady".  Here is Betty's recording:

• Thanks 1