Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Somehow I figured you might get this one, Starliteyes.  I bet you were singing along when you watched the clip too.  The songs for this movie were written by Harold Spina and Walter Bullock.  They also wrote songs for another of Shirley's movies, "Little Miss Broadway". 

Good work, Starlit.   Thanks for the clip.  Now it's your turn.

• Thanks 1

The song is "An Occasional Man" which was written by Ralph Blane and Hugh Martin for the 1955 film "The Girl Rush".  Rosalind Russell was the female star, but this number was performed by Gloria DeHaven with some dancers.  In this clip, you may recognize one of the dancers as Don Crichton.  He later was a lead dancer on many TV shows, including "The Carol Burnett Show". 

You may have also noticed Marion Lorne playing the ever confused Aunt Clara, years before "Bewitched". 

From the lyrics, I'm going to guess that it's The Wedding of the Painted Doll, which was sung off-screen by James Burrows while a number of chorus people cavorted around in various costumes onstage in The Broadway Melody, Best Picture Oscar winner of 1929.  The music was by Nacio Herb Brown and the lyrics were by Arthur Freed.  

• Like 1

You are correct Starlit,  It's hard to find a clip, but there's one in this cartoon clip.  

It was originally shot in color, but only a black and white copy exists.  The preacher in the clip is sure acrobatic.  

Good work, Star.  You're up next.

• Thanks 1

The only theme song of a comedian that I can think of is Jack Benny's "Love in Bloom".

It's one of those Robin and Rainger songs written for Bing Crosby in a 1934 Paramount movie, " She Loves Me Not". Bing sang it with Kitty Carlisle.

I love the song and really enjoyed watching Jack Benny on television. It Never occurred to me that the song Had lyrics.

The song is Nevertheless, written by Bert Kalmar and Harry Ruby, who were played by Fred Astaire and Red Skelton in Three Little Words, the bio-pic about them.  In the film, it's sung by Fred Astaire, Vera-Ellen (dubbed by Anita Ellis) and Red Skelton and danced to by Fred and Vera.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, starliteyes said:

The song is Nevertheless, written by Bert Kalmar and Harry Ruby, who were played by Fred Astaire and Red Skelton in Three Little Words, the bio-pic about them.  In the film, it's sung by Fred Astaire, Vera-Ellen (dubbed by Anita Ellis) and Red Skelton and danced to by Fred and Vera.

Thanks, Star, for the clip. I always liked that song.

Take it away!

• Like 1