Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

With a clue like that, I figured it must have been sung by Harriet Nelson.  She was billed as Harriet Hilliard when she sang "Says My Heart" in the 1938 film "Cocoanut Grove".  The song was written by Frank Loesser and Burton Lane.  I couldn't find a clip from the movie, but I did find this audio recording:

I saw this several days ago, but I was hoping somebody else would take a crack at it.  However, since no one has, the song is This Is a Happy Little Ditty with music by Harold spina and lyrics by Walter Bullock.  It was sung and danced to by Shirley Temple, Joan Davis, Bert Lahr and Bill Robinson in Just Around the Corner.

I have to say, Princess, that I was really expecting you to get this one.  However, if a hint is needed, here's one:

This was the first appearance of three that the singer of the song made in a very popular film series of the day.

I'm guessing from your comment, Miles, you know what the title of the song is.  I'm very surprised that Princess of Tap hasn't gotten this yet.  

Okay then, since none of my other hints have worked:

Think Morton Salt

I know it's frustrating when nobody even ventures a guess, so It's time to put this question to rest.  The song is "It Never Rains But What It Pours", written by Mack Gordon and Harry Revel and sung by Judy Garland in the1938 film "Love Finds Andy Hardy".   Here is a clip:

• Thanks 1

This one may be familiar.

Maybe we're out for laughs, a girl and a boy
Kiddin' across a table for two!
But haven't you got a hunch that this is the real McCoy,
And all the things we tell each other are true