Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Red Skelton

bewitched

I would love to see more Red Skelton flicks. His THE FOX pictures were completely unknown to me but I loved 'em and hope to see them on DVD (or at least TCM) soon.

What's the SPAM issue? This user's got 4 posts in a couple of weeks? What am I missing? I see uses with more posts almost every hour of the day that don't receive complaints. I'm not sure what the 'spam' request is about. I'll apologize for keeping this topic at the top if it is spam, because the best way to stop spamming is to never respond. But I'd like to see more Red Skelton films myself.

I beg to differ, CineSage Jr.....The distinction of being the un-funniest person HAS to go to Ben Blue. Blue's obnoxious mugging and generally unfunny schtick stunk up more late 1930's Paramount musical-comedies ("Big Broadcast of 1938", "College Holiday", "College Swing", etc...films that otherwise were a lot of fun).....than anyone I know.

My favorite Ben Blue appearance is in Paramount's 1938 "Cocoanut Grove"....and that's only because Eve Arden plays his wife. Whenever Blue goes off on one of his dreadful, unfunny bits, Eve gives him these deadpan (and somewhat disgusted) looks as if to say, "What did I do to deserve being paired up with THIS jerk?".

I don't think I recognize Ben Blue, probably because TCM doesn't air much Paramount stuff. :(

Is he even more obnoxious than the Ritz Brothers?

(As for the OP's spamming, I've gotten the impression that this is just the latest incarnation of a poster who's been spamming the board repeatedly wanting certain old TV shows aired on TCM. But that, of course, is what the "Ignore User" feature is for.)

I am not defending certain tactics but thought it important people be aware that some overseas incarnations of TCM do show old American television series. I don't know if that is why this poster posts such requests in here but it is possible they believe it could happen here or that these Message Boards are associated with their foreign version of TCM.

Kyle In Hollywood

I was wondering if anyone had looked at the foregin versions of the TCM site, granted I can't read the all the words; Its interesting to see the differences in the sites approach and style as I can't read it I can't say much about the content, It would be cool to see what their programing is ilike and how it compres to ours, Just a idea...

kennethlawson -

Was it you who first posted of seeing old TV Shows on TCM Latin America while on a cruiseship? Someone did and I can't remember who it was. So I wasn't the one who first posted that information but I found it very interesting.

I have looked at some of the websites for overseas versions of TCM. Viewers of foreign versions of TCM have come to these Forums looking for help finding their region's schedules. What I remember most on the foreign sites is that there is a heavy dependence on very contemporary films on those channels. And some include a healthy dose of that region's own film output..

TCM overseas is pretty much a satellite-service only operation and I don't know how subscriptions run on a foreign satellite system. (Is it a "premium channel" or a "basic channel", etc.?) But on many of the systems TCM seems to be an "all-purpose" film channel appealing to any film lover and not geared to people only interested in American Classics.

But none of the websites for TCM in other areas of the world can hold a candle to the amount of information found on this website. They're not even close.

Kyle In Hollywood

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings