Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
musicfan

What females, and males are most often on your favorites list?

I recorded "Broadway Melody of 1940" and watched the first twenty minutes so far. MY GOD! That first dance of Eleanor's with the sailors was incredible. She was beautiful, nimble and athletic. Did I mention she's beautifully nimble and athletic? Did I mention beautiful??? WoW!

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> I recorded "Broadway Melody of 1940" and watched the first twenty minutes so far. MY GOD! That first dance of Eleanor's with the sailors was incredible. She was beautiful, nimble and athletic. Did I mention she's beautifully nimble and athletic? Did I mention beautiful??? WoW!

Other than the dancing, which is excellent from all involved, *Broadway Melody of 1940* is a dog of a film. Its measley and predictable plot, is constantly interrupted by unbearable schitck from forgettable novelty acts.

Most of the Astaire-Rogers films also had poor and repetitive plots, relying largely on coincidence. But they were still great!

My my...you do have a good memory. ;-)

George Murphy does look pretty good in tails and dancing.

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> Most of the Astaire-Rogers films also had poor and repetitive plots, relying largely on coincidence. But they were still great!

They are great. *Broadway Melody* is not.

> Most of the Astaire-Rogers films also had poor and repetitive plots, relying largely on coincidence. But they were still great!

Hey, speaking of Astaire-Rogers, is anyone watching Carefree this Sunday? Here is a clip from the TCM Media Room:

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index/?o_cid=mediaroomlink&cid=239447

However, the film did introduce two of Porter's greatest songs, "Begin the Beguine" and "I Concentrate on You".

> However, the film did introduce two of Porter's greatest songs, "Begin the Beguine" and "I Concentrate on You".

And the dancing is superb! It's the rotten novelty acts that bog the film down!