Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm trying to find the title of a classic movie (1940s or 50s). It begins with a man who has been drinking wrecking his car with a woman (not his wife) in the passenger seat following a party at his home. The accident occurs at night across the road from a neighboring cottage that a designer/artist woman (from NYC I believe) has rented for the summer to work on her designs for a magazine. As the movie goes on, the man is unhappily married to his wife, works for his wife's father, and falls in love with the woman in the cottage. Scenes from the movie include the wife bringing a basket of flowers to the woman in the cottage after learning her husband has been paying her visits, inviting her to a garden party at their large, countryside home, the husband becoming deathly ill at New Years in a cheap hotel room in the city, later in the hospital the wife not allowing the mistress in to see her husband, the husband finally able to divorce his wife and her father seeing her for what she really is, and finally, the end takes place back in the cottage with the man and woman, together at last, in a room that he's converted into a nursery with crib looking out the window. Any help would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, ttay1213 said:

I'm trying to find the title of a classic movie (1940s or 50s). It begins with a man who has been drinking wrecking his car with a woman (not his wife) in the passenger seat following a party at his home. The accident occurs at night across the road from a neighboring cottage that a designer/artist woman (from NYC I believe) has rented for the summer to work on her designs for a magazine. As the movie goes on, the man is unhappily married to his wife, works for his wife's father, and falls in love with the woman in the cottage. Scenes from the movie include the wife bringing a basket of flowers to the woman in the cottage after learning her husband has been paying her visits, inviting her to a garden party at their large, countryside home, the husband becoming deathly ill at New Years in a cheap hotel room in the city, later in the hospital the wife not allowing the mistress in to see her husband, the husband finally able to divorce his wife and her father seeing her for what she really is, and finally, the end takes place back in the cottage with the man and woman, together at last, in a room that he's converted into a nursery with crib looking out the window. Any help would be appreciated!

Sounds just like IN NAME ONLY - Cary Grant, Carole Lombard as the woman he loves, Kay Francis as the wife. Hope that helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2