Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

need movie name Please

Scout0531

I have been able to only see the beginning of this movie a few times but never remember the title, It is set in the winter where a woman goes to a house and ask for work but the lady tells her they can not afford a maid, anyway the lady of the house ask her in for coffee to warm herself. The stranger notices dirty dishes and offers to help for thanks, in the meantime the butcher comes to deliver but the lady of the house does not have enough to pay the bill so he leaves with the meat. The stranger shows the lady how to make a meal out of leftovers. Then that evening she surprises her husband with a great meal. They have a teenage daughter , this is a black and white maybe1940-1960 movie....Please help me

I think I'll add that one to my "Most Asked-About Movies" list.

Most asked-about movies:

?White Banners? (Lady tries to get job as maid with poor family, they can?t afford her, but she teaches them how to save money in the kitchen and around the house and she winds up living with them.)

?On Borrowed Time? ? Barrymore with death in tree

?For Heaven?s Sake? (child waiting to be born)

?The Bluebird? with Shirley Temple (children waiting to be born)

?My Six Loves? (lady finds a bunch of kids)

?If a Man Answers? (dog training manual used to train husband)

?You Never Can Tell? (man dog, lady horse)

?Bird of Paradise? (lady jumps in volcano)

?Tales of Manhattan? (stories about many people owning the same old coat)

?Kiss of Death? (man pushes old woman in wheelchair down flight of stairs)

?It Grows on Trees? (money growing on trees)

"Once Upon A Time" (boy with dancing caterpillar)

All-Dog movie shorts (The MGM Dogville series produced from 1929-31. Titles: Hot Dog (29); College Hounds (29); So Quiet on the Canine Front (30); The Big Dog House (30); Dogway Melody (30); The Dogville Murder Case (?Who Killed Rover?) (31); Love Tailss of Morocco (31); Two Barks Brothers (31); Trader Hound (31).) (Dogville list by talkietime.)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings