Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Errol Flynn--Movie unseen in years

Can someone please tell me where the movie Montana went. Don't remember cast except for Flynn. Civil War, he is confederate leading a mission west, ends up saving people from Indians and makes a suicide charge at the end. Please tell me I'm not crazy, but I know at the end the people put up a confederate flag. Almost sure the title is Montana.

The movie in question is indeed Rocky Mountain and starred Flynn and his third wife Patrice Wymore. It is remarkably gritty and plays well even today with the cynical audiences. Flynn is in superb form and the action sequences are well done.

Montana on the other hand is in color and co-stars Alexis Smith. Flynn plays a sheepherder and this produces the usual conflict between cattlemen and herders. Flynn also does some serenading to Ms. Smith and is pretty effective in the singing department. The film is very short, as I remember, and is pretty much matinee material but as is always the case with Errol Flynn, the viewing is always a pleasure.

The film to see Errol Flynn in is Green Light. He plays a young surgeon, is amazingly good in his performance and makes anyone playing a doctor today on screen look shabby. Give it a look when it comes on again on TCM.. I read about it years ago and was thoroughly appreciative to see it on TCM. It is not available on DVD, but should be!!!

Robert M. Lee, Jr.