Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Filmmaking Rules

6 hours ago, marcar said:

)If a character walks into a room and carries on a conversation without waiting for a response you know that the person they are talking to is either the bad guy lying in wait or is lying dead on the floor in the kitchen.

Not sure I understand what you're saying, here.  I mean, I am sure I don't understand.

-The average courtship in the movies is two minutes.  The couple will meet in one scene and in the next, they're getting married. 

-The most incompatible couples will ultimately marry

-Characters can hit other people's cars and drive away without any repercussions. 

-When "driving," the characters keep their eyes on everything and everyone else other than the road and make it  to where they're going safely.  If the character is going to get in a bad car accident, they will hold the steering wheel and turn it left and right, rapidly.  Despite keeping their eyes on the road the entire time, the erratic steering will inevitably cause them to crash and die.

18 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

-The average courtship in the movies is two minutes.  The couple will meet in one scene and in the next, they're getting married. 

-The most incompatible couples will ultimately marry

-Characters can hit other people's cars and drive away without any repercussions. 

-When "driving," the characters keep their eyes on everything and everyone else other than the road and make it  to where they're going safely.  If the character is going to get in a bad car accident, they will hold the steering wheel and turn it left and right, rapidly.  Despite keeping their eyes on the road the entire time, the erratic steering will inevitably cause them to crash and die.

One corollary to your driving in movies thing here, speedy:

Even while driving in a rational manner and speed, IF the driver is going down a straight as an arrow road, their steering input will still require them to turn the wheel to the left and then the right by at least six inches in each direction over and over and over again.

(...and which of course in real life, and UNLESS your car has one EXTREMELY worn out steering box, would result in a car going from one lane into another and back, over and over and over again)

• Like 1