Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Golden Globes tonight, & host Seth Meyers...

20 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I didn't watch this program, but I've noticed on social media that there's some kind of an outpouring against Kirk Douglas being honored during an awards program which is dedicated to stopping sexual harassment.

A Number of posts on social media are discussing whether or not Kirk Douglas infamously raped Natalie Wood.

I first heard  about the rape about 10 years ago when I was reading Tab Hunter's autobiography.  He started discussing it and I had the impression that he knew who it was. And that a number of people in Hollywood knew all about it, as well.

Has anybody else heard more information about these long-time allegations?

Interestingly, Robert Wagner -- who was married to Wood twice -- picked a Douglas film when he sat down with TCM's Ben Mankiewicz in a segment that aired in November. It was "Lonely Are the Brave."

7 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Interestingly, Robert Wagner -- who was married to Wood twice -- picked a Douglas film when he sat down with TCM's Ben Mankiewicz in a segment that aired in November. It was "Lonely Are the Brave."

Years ago I bought Natalie Wood's biography, which was written by her sister Lana. She may be the key to all this in the end.

She knows everything, but I wouldn't necessarily say that she is capable of a great deal of objectivity.

As far as RJ is concerned, they have never gotten along and she's still targeting him for her sister's death.

BTW Nat and RJ had one daughter together, Courtney Wagner.

4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

6 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

I missed this show but a friend said he kept wondering how many men in the audience were wondering if their ticket was coming up next with abuse charges. I see there is now something out there about Michael Douglas. Who will be left standing with no accusations one wonders...

I don't doubt there are a lot of big shot Hollywood folks, producers, directors, actors, etc, who have been sexually harassing many women (or men) for years and have gotten away with it....but I also don't doubt that some of these accusations may have been blown out of proportion.

What one person considers 'inappropriate' behavior from someone else, that someone else may not have intended any real harm or menace to.

Problem is, how do you define what is appropriate and what's not in this day and age? 

Edited by Bethluvsfilms
14 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

I don't doubt there are a lot of big shot Hollywood folks, producers, directors, actors, etc, who have been sexually harassing many women (or men) for years and have gotten away with it....but I also don't doubt that some of these accusations may have been blown out of proportion.

What one person considers 'inappropriate' behavior from someone else, that someone else may not have intended any real harm or menace to.

Problem is, how do you define what is appropriate and what's not in this day and age? 

I don't have a problem with this at all. I don't think rape has ever been appropriate, do you?

And any kind of deliberate, repeated touching of anybody's private parts, without their  coherent permission, is not appropriate at any day or age.

9 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I don't have a problem with this at all. I don't think rape has ever been appropriate, do you?

And any kind of deliberate, repeated touching of anybody's private parts, without their  coherent permission, is not appropriate at any day or age.

I never said that rape was appropriate at all. Nor do I condone touching someone where it's private and personal constantly when they say keep saying no.

But I think it's naïve to think that some people who cry harassment don't exaggerate sometimes. Example....what if someone accidently bumps into a woman's behind or touches her hand innocently and she starts screaming harassment....I don't think that is right at all.

For what it's worth I do believe the accusations against Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey. But I wonder how many accusations against others are based on fact, or just some who are jumping on the bandwagon.