Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recent TCM movie

Sadie76

I saw the end of a movie on TCM in the last week I think. I remember Ben Mankiewicz after it. I searched my December listing and nothing sounds familiar. I'm hoping someone here saw it and can tell me the name of the movie.

What I remember of it was an older woman with 5 kids or so maybe in a store. It was Christmas time, the movie was black and white. They had to leave suddenly, one of the kids asked, "Aren't we going to the bus station?" Then they're in a diner and some commotion breaks out and again they rush out. The movie cuts to a lynch mob organizing, then they show the police putting the object of the lynch mob (I presume) in a car and driving away. Cut back to the woman and kids - they're walking in the streets (night time) and they come across another member of the family - a teenage girl who's crying - the mother/older woman grabs her hand and away they walk.

The next scene is in their home. The woman is cooking and she allows the kids to open their Christmas present. The last scene is a younger boy looking at his present, which is a pocket watch.

Ben Mankiewicz (at least I think it was him) said something like this movie wasn't appreciated (it did seem like a strange movie) and that the director never made another movie. I'm not sure I got this right. I was either sick, falling asleep or waking up. I thought he said this was from the 50s.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Thank you, Kyle in Hollywood! It appears I missed 99% of the movie, judging from the sypnosis. This movie isn't listed in TCM's email schedule so guess I never would have found it from there or from the description in the online schedule "A bogus preacher marries an outlaw's widow in search of the man's hidden loot." I can't wait to watch the whole movie. Thanks much for taking the time to give me the info.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings