Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's the movie????????

libeledlady

It had an older sister in her 20's/30;s taking care of her little brother and in it they're always saying..."That's tough, what is? Life. What's life? A magazine. What's it cost? A dime. I only have a nickel. That's tough".... From what I remember it's a romantic comedy and the sister falls in love with the aid of the little brother (I think)

Richard Nugent: Hey, you remind me of a man.

Susan Turner: What man?

Richard Nugent: Man with the power.

Susan Turner: What power?

Richard Nugent: Power of hoodoo.

Susan Turner: Hoodoo?

Richard Nugent: You do.

Susan Turner: Do what?

Richard Nugent: Remind me of a man...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from bachelor and bobbyu soxer 1947...anmy help???

I need some help with the name of this movie. I have not seen this movie for 30 plus years. The story revolved around amoney tree. It had this lady picking $$ from blooms on a tree in her back yard. 1's,5's,10's,20's,50's,100 dollar bills. She stuffed them in a cookie jar and later when she took them out they had turned to dried leaves. I think it was made in the 40's or 50's and may have been in black and white.

Most asked-about movies:

?It Grows on Trees? (money growing on trees)

?On Borrowed Time? ? Barrymore with death in tree

?For Heaven?s Sake? (child waiting to be born)

?The Bluebird? with Shirley Temple (children waiting to be born)

?My Six Loves? (lady finds a bunch of kids)

?If a Man Answers? (dog training manual used to train husband)

?You Never Can Tell? (man dog, lady horse)

?Bird of Paradise? (lady jumps in volcano)

?Tales of Manhattan? (stories about many people owning the same old coat)

?Kiss of Death? (man pushes old woman in wheelchair down flight of stairs)

"Once Upon A Time" (boy with dancing caterpillar)

?White Banners? (Lady tries to get job as maid with poor family, they can?t afford her, but she teaches them how to save money in the kitchen and around the house and she winds up living with them.)

All-Dog movie shorts (The MGM Dogville series produced from 1929-31. Titles: Hot Dog (29); College Hounds (29); So Quiet on the Canine Front (30); The Big Dog House (30); Dogway Melody (30); The Dogville Murder Case (?Who Killed Rover?) (31); Love Tailss of Morocco (31); Two Barks Brothers (31); Trader Hound (31).) (Dogville list by talkietime.)

Fred, thank you for the help with the Irene Dunn movie, It Grows On Trees. I have 2 move movies that I can't think of the titles. One has to do with a german shepard dog getting killed and going to heaven. The other movie I am interested in has to do with West Point, it may have been a musical and I remember a song about a girl Berrnadean or Bernadett? Pat Boone could have been in it. Thanks

The other movie I am interested in has to do with West Point, it may have been a musical and I remember a song about a girl Berrnadean or Bernadett? Pat Boone could have been in it.

Or could you be remembering (and/or confusing with "Bernardine") "Mardi Gras"? There are military school guys going to - guess where/what?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051908/

Bill

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings