Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Steve Reeves The Reeves' Thread

dsclassic

I thought it was neat how 2 actors with Reeve as a last name became Superman (George had an S at the end of his name though)

Christopher Reeve will always be my Superman, he was my favorite actor as Superman, George Reeves was an interesting Superman but to me he didnt have a real physique if you ask me....he needed HGH :)

As for other Superman actors, there was Kirk Alyn whom I know nothing about and the new Superman movie with someone I dont want to know about :)

This thread is certainly open to discussing other roles these 3 people did and so on...

I have that DVD of Jungle Goddess/Thunder in the Pines with George Reeves, I like Jungle Goddess, don't ask why..I did enjoy the remake of Village of the Damned by Christopher Reeve

The other Reeves - HERCULES :) - Steve Reeves...another Reeve(s) as a superhero :) plus he was in all sorts of movies from Italy :)

Message was edited by: dsclassic

I always thought it was the strangest coincidence that three of entertainment's most noted strongmen were played by actors with a variation of the same surname. Like having the two actresses most often cast as sophisticates both being named "Hepburn"

I always found it interesting about the two men who are most closely associated with the "Man of Steel" on celluloid, having very similar names, and also tragic circumstances occur in their lives. I have them flip-flopped though and to me George Reeves is ALWAYS Superman! Christopher did a nice job in the film series, though, and gets an honorable mention. :)

I actually also liked Kirk Alyn from the two serials in the late 40's. Talk about a physique, he definitely had that going on!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings