Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

12 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

I've heard that many of the losers who have been banned from the TCM Board are going to be the subject of the next rant by Charlie Kirk.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

When did the right stop believing in the rights of private companies to do business as they please?

Oh,  when it relates to Trump.    All the solid right-wing principles related to capitalism (many that I support),  are out-the-window when Trump is involved.

Like Rand Paul said after the traitorous riots,  about the Electoral Collage and challenging the election;    Conservatives support state-rights.   Congress shouldn't get involved in try to overturn the results of individual state elections.  That should be done only at the state level.    But bozos like Ted Cruz, throw out their principles because of Trump.

(oh and I'm for state-rights over federal power,,, e.g.  the feds shouldn't tell any state what type of statues or monuments they can have).

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Time to shut down this bushwah thread also

..and the Freedom of Speech that comes with it.  May not like what Jake says and think his post are absurd to absolute nonsense, he has that right!  Long as Jake doesn't violate TCM's Code of Conduct, he can post what he likes.

No one is forcing you or anyone else to read them.  That's what the <IGNORE> function is for.

Kind of begs the question, if Trump's tweets offends one so, why on Earth are members posting them here especially those who hate him so? 

:blink:

• Thanks 1

Image result for john matze parler response to apllele

"Apple believes they are in a political position strong enough to protect their anti-competitive interests by enforcing their censorship onto people on Parler."

"We will and always have enforced our rules against violence and illegal activity," Matze said in a subsequent Parler post. "But we WON'T cave to politically motivated companies and those authoritarians who hate free speech!"

John Matze CEO Parler

12 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Image result for john matze parler response to apllele

"Apple believes they are in a political position strong enough to protect their anti-competitive interests by enforcing their censorship onto people on Parler."

"We will and always have enforced our rules against violence and illegal activity," Matze said in a subsequent Parler post. "But we WON'T cave to politically motivated companies and those authoritarians who hate free speech!"

John Matze CEO Parler

Capitalism in action.   Use a different vendor if this bugs you.    

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, hamradio said:

..and the Freedom of Speech that comes with it.  May not like what Jake says and think his post are absurd to absolute nonsense, he has that right!  Long as Jake doesn't violate TCM's Code of Conduct, he can post what he likes.

No one is forcing you or anyone else to read them.  That's what the <IGNORE> function is for.

Kind of begs the question, if Trump's tweets offends one so, why on Earth are members posting them here especially those who hate him so? 

:blink:

You don't have the right to shout fire in a crowded theater, should you be able to propogate insurrection that can equally cause loss of life here. TCM doesn't want that liability does it?

13 minutes ago, Cigarjoe cellph said:

You don't have the right to shout fire in a crowded theater, should you be able to propogate insurrection that can equally cause loss of life here. TCM doesn't want that liability does it?

Is Jake doing that?  All I mostly see is him posting tweets and country side images.

24 minutes ago, TalkTalk123 said:

Is someone guilty of doing what your suggesting on this site?

TalkTalk123: Who are you, when you aren't TalkTalk123? I can find no movie threads in which you've commented. It would be odd for someone to come to a movie thread, just to post about political issues in an off-topic area. Are you another name for Highway, or someone else who won't make their political comments under their "real" name, or who wants to give extra weight to their views, by creating another name?

19 minutes ago, Swithin said:

TalkTalk123: Who are you, when you aren't TalkTalk123? I can find no movie threads in which you've commented. It would be odd for someone to come to a movie thread, just to post about political issues in an off-topic area. Are you another name for Highway, or someone else who won't make their political comments under their "real" name, or who wants to give extra weight to their views, by creating another name?

TCM  made the Off Topic forum just for that, non movie related.  There are no rules / requirement for a member to discuss films or a certain number of therefore.

Can't tell a member what to post but can remind one if they're getting out of bounds regarding the Code of Conduct.  The moderator will take care of improprieties.

Also a member can be anonymous (like me) which is best to do.  This is not Twitter or Facebook.

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

TCM  made the Off Topic forum just for that, non movie related.  There is no rules / requirement for a member to discuss films or a certain number of thereof.

Can't tell a member what to post but can remind one if they're getting out of bounds regarding the Code of Conduct.  The moderator will take care of improprieties.

Swithin didn't say, or even imply that someone posting at the chit-chat forum here,  also needs to post on the movie threads.    All he did was point out that it is very odd.    

His main point,  which I agree with,  is that TalkTalk and Highway are the same person.     I figured that out weeks ago.

PS:  I do agree that TCM shouldn't remove threads or block poster at this forum unless they violate the code-of-conduct.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I do agree that TCM shouldn't remove threads or block poster at this forum unless the violate the code-of-conduct.

Maybe TCM should revisit their code of conduct

21 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Boys & Girls--

Parler is the brainchild of the Mercer family. You do remember the Mercer family?

They are the billionaires who gave us Breitbart.

They are the billionaires who put Steve Bannon in charge of Breitbart.

The Mercer family are the billionaires who financed Steve Bannon in all of his pathetic Flights of Fancy.

Well Rebekah Mercer is running this thing and it is definitely the extreme right wing's social media vehicle.

So if there are people on there promoting violence, white supremacy, anti-semitism,

I wouldn't be surprised.

If Parler has been thrown off websites, or servers, or Google Play for apps,

it would only be because there was language or activity on Parler which may have contributed to, or promoted the trump insurrection at our nation's capital on January 6th.

Or stuff was going down on it now which was talking about a future Insurrection against the United States Government and or state capitols.

No legitimate American Business wants to be associated with that kind of sedition.

And you really can't blame them.

20 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:lol:  :rolleyes:

He's going to let us know his thoughts wherever he ends up.😀

After Don Jr's performance at the DC pre -Insurrection rally, it will be interesting to see where the boy really does end up.🤔

7 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Boys & Girls--

Parler is the brainchild of the Mercer family. You do remember the Mercer family?

They are the billionaires who gave us Breitbart.

They are the billionaires who put Steve Bannon in charge of Breitbart.

The Mercer family are the billionaires who financed Steve Bannon in all of his pathetic Flights of Fancy.

Well Rebekah Mercer is running this thing and it is definitely the extreme right wing's social media vehicle.

So if there are people on there promoting violence, white supremacy, anti-semitism,

I wouldn't be surprised.

If Parler has been thrown off websites, or servers, or Google Play for apps,

it would only be because there was language or activity on Parler which may have contributed to, or promoted the trump insurrection at our nation's capital on January 6th.

Or stuff was going down on it now which was talking about a future Insurrection against the United States Government and or state capitols.

No legitimate American Business wants to be associated with that kind of sedition.

And you really can't blame them.

It is full-on Crazy Town on Parler.  Though they supposedly have policies against inciting violence, I think it's only enforced if reported, and they aren't going to tattle on themselves to a Parler admin. 

I used to work with an arch-conservative gun zealot 30+ years ago.  He found his way into politics, working on Cruz's behalf back in the 2016 election.  So with all the recent events, I found him on Parler today (you don't need an account to do this - just Google).

Here's a little sample of a post or two from his Parler account.  I had never looked at Parler until today.  I feel like I need a full Silkwood shower now.

I need to emphasize that these crazy opinions are not mine in the slightest, and these are just a sample (and some of the more tame ones at that) of the lies spread on Parler:

• Biden has been offered 250,000 Chinese troops to crush any Patriot rebellion. That would greatly simplify the dilemma of target selection for us.
  • Democrats have never really been against slavery, they just want to make it universal.

In case you need to interpret, the "Patriots" were the ones rioting on Wednesday.  That first one seems like a threat to me, but what do I know?  In just 15 minutes looking at only his feed, I saw numerous references to revolt, "tech tyrants", media and, of course, liberals.

I last talked to this person since the 1990s.  He's not mellowed with age.  He really believes this crap.  And, saddest of all, he's by no means the worst of what I saw in my 15 minute visit, judging by the "echoes" from others on his feed.  And he's just one of hundreds of thousands, if not more.  I read where Parler has around 10M user accounts.  Who knows how many of them hold views this extreme?

As I said, it's crazy, and scary, what some people believe and pass around.  And this why I'm not so confident as others that this will just fade away after Trump is out of office.

21 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What change in the TCM code would you like?     

Well? What did Twitter come up with?  Use your imagination, what would you come up with since you seen to be ready to pounce on an answer.