Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

movie title

jodyann52

please help me with this movie i seen it when i was about 10years old but i think it was made in the 50's this women was in prison.her husband rob a gas station and i think he got shot.then they put her in prison she didnt do anything wrong.and she had a baby and they took it away from her,they shaved her hair off.i think she stab the warden i cryed so much i would love to know the name of that movie so i can see it again.

Susan Hayward was the star, so,so on the movie title.

Other fine dramatic films in that vein, include Ida Lupino, a woman who was way ahead of her time, acting in non traditional female roles, and directing great films. She co-starred with Bogie in High Sierra. not apprciated for her work , and guts like Hayward. There are more Hayward films that are intense, and gripping,

to be fair to the genre, there were a few films that depicted the ravages of addiction better than 'Lost Weekend', try 'Days of wine and roses', 'the man with the golden arm', with Frank Sinatra....proof that he is an excellent actor.

other Susan Hayward films,...they semed to orbit around the old story of women with great talents, becoming wallpaper for, or supresssing thier talents to keep a man (or his ego) from leaving. Always feeling guilty for possessing a talent.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings