Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what's this movie?!

heathertk

I watched a movie many years ago, and it was an oldie then, and so fun.

It was probably made in the 30's and consisted of 2 couples; a young man enamored with a rich older woman who was very demanding and self-centered, and a young woman who falls for an older, equally self involved gentleman.

The story goes along with great witty bantor between the two older characters, who of course don't like each other at all. The two young in-love characters are treated horribly by thier respective "loves" until finally the young man proposes marriage.

This rich older woman protest that it's a rediculous idea, but finally agrees if they go to her lake house for a trial marriage of a month (I think). The lake house is on an island in a lake, so they boat over, at which time the house servants all leave in a huff at their brazen immorality, and more hilarity developes as the two younger folks have to wait hand and foot on the others.

I won't give up the ending, but I would LOVE to own a copy, if only I knew the title, or cast!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings