Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Am Impressed!

RoySites

TCM never fails to surprise me!

The listings for March are up and on March 20th TCM is premiering A MODERN MUSKETEER (1917) starring Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. This is a very rare film and an opportunity to see Fairbanks in one of his All-American Boy roles before he became the swashbuckling star of the Twenties. By this time his reputation was already assured due to his exhuberant physical comedy and over-the-top acting style. He was beloved by the American public and, as a premiere star of the Teens, went on to found United Artists with Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford and D. W. Griffith. If you want to see what Fairbanks was about before he donned the cape, don't miss this one.

TCM is also running William Haines' SPRING FEVER (1927) on March 23rd. Another opportunity to see the delightful Haines in a starring role.

TCM is also screening GRASS (1925). This is really one of the most amazing documentaries that I have ever seen. It is the migration of an entire civilization. If you ever wondered what the Hebrew exodus from Egypt would look like, this will answer it for you.

I haven't counted, but in the next three months TCM is broadcasting a large number of silent films. Bravo for TCM!

On another note, I rarely surf around the TCM website but I discovered through their "PHOTOS" link at the top of the page that they have well over 50 video clips from silent films and about silent films.

Where else can you find this?

Roy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

>The listings for March are up and on March 20th TCM is premiering A MODERN MUSKETEER (1917) starring Douglas Fairbanks, Sr. This is a very rare film and an opportunity to see Fairbanks in one of his All-American Boy roles before he became the swashbuckling star of the Twenties. By this time his reputation was already assured due to his exhuberant physical comedy and over-the-top acting style. He was beloved by the American public and, as a premiere star of the Teens, went on to found United Artists with Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford and D. W. Griffith. If you want to see what Fairbanks was about before he donned the cape, don't miss this one.

>TCM is also running William Haines' SPRING FEVER (1927) on March 23rd. Another opportunity to see the delightful Haines in a starring role.

>TCM is also screening GRASS (1925). This is really one of the most amazing documentaries that I have ever seen. It is the migration of an entire civilization. If you ever wondered what the Hebrew exodus from Egypt would look like, this will answer it for you.

Found this in the archives. It relates to the present time, so this can serve as a sort of alert for silent fans. Thanks to RoySites.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings