Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ARNOLD STANG and Bronxgirl's neighbors

Bronxgirl48

I remember as a child in the Bronx my mother telling me that Arnold Stang, the turtle-like comic actor, was related to the Schwartz's, who lived in our building and who we were close to.

I called up Mom last week and asked her about this.

Me: "Mom, remember you told me Arnold Stang was a cousin or something to Ed and Rhoda Schwartz?"

Mom: "Who?"

Me: "Arnold Stang, you know, that skinny funny looking actor who looked like a turtle to me."

Mom: "I never told you that. Why would I?"

Me: "Why would I remember something so unusual? Why would I say Arnold Stang and not someone more glamorous, like say Tyrone Power or Robert Taylor?"

Mom: "You phoned me up to tell me about Arnold Stang? Come on, this is stupid. I have to go now and color my hair."

Me: "Could you think about it and get back to me sometime?"

Mom: "If it'll make you feel better, yes."

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

I don't know specifically about Top Cat, but I think he did a lot of voiceovers. I do remember he was "Sparrow" in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM; he had a fairly good part and had some scenes with Frank Sinatra. And he was in the infamous DONDI, where he played Pee-Wee.

That's about all I know of him.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings