Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Release the Memo

But make sure that it is ONLY the Republican memo that is released.

The Republican majority, in their desire for transparency, were wise to turn down releasing the Democratic memo at the same time. After all, only Republicans, as we all know, can be trusted.

(This message has been approved by Donald Trump).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, JR33928 said:

I hope i'm wrong but,the longer the release of the memo is delayed,the greater the chance that we'll either get a sanitized version,or it won't be released at all.:(

I think it's up to Trump at this point.

9 minutes ago, darkblue said:

I think it's up to Trump at this point.

Yes i know.My fear is that he'll be swayed by others to not release it OR only release some heavily redacted watered down version....we'll get oatmeal,not the meat:(.

Why the FBI went public with its objection to the Nunes memo release

"....from the point of view of the intelligence agencies is that the House is going to release a set of — a classified document that has a set of assertions in it. To rebut those assertions, presumably, you will need — and I am told you would need — another set of classified information which those agencies aren’t allowed or really inclined to release because it’s classified.

So for some folks in the intelligence community and the FBI, they feel like they are handcuffed, they’re going to be handcuffed in terms of responding to the allegations in the first place....

Two, that this could set a precedent in which every time an intelligence investigation intersects with a political matter, that a political committee may decide to just make it public for reasons that may or may not be valid.

And so that’s a dangerous precedent in their minds, and what some people would call you know politicizing the intelligence system.........

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/why-the-fbi-went-public-with-its-objection-to-the-nunes-memo-release?utm_source=frontline&utm_term=social&utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_term=20180201&utm_content=1315617392&linkId=47648199

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

never underestimate our donny.:D

You're right. He'll do anything to muddy the waters of the Russia investigation, including releasing a Republican slanted cherry picked take on a FISA-related document to try to make the F.B.I. look bad in order to question their investigation of him.

Trump is trying to turn this investigation into an indictment of the security organizations that DARE (!!!) to investigate him and his team.

And he's got a giant lackey in Nevin Nunes to assist him in his determination to hold onto power, truth be damned. And in the process of all this the F.B.I. as an institution is taking a battering. Whether that battering is permanent is yet to be seen.

Gee, I wonder who's laughing about this now?

r7H9Ilu.gif

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

everybody's a weisenheimer. comey releases a statement with the cute little crack "weasels and liars never hold the field". cute.

That is cute. I'm sure his prison mates will get a big kick out of it.

• 2 weeks later...