Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump's 'STATE OF THE UNION' & reaction...

From Washington Post.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/30/winners-and-losers-from-trumps-state-of-the-union-address/?undefined=&utm_term=.501723484aae&wpisrc=nl_politics&wpmm=1

6 hours ago, TheCid said:

From Washington Post.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/01/30/winners-and-losers-from-trumps-state-of-the-union-address/?undefined=&utm_term=.501723484aae&wpisrc=nl_politics&wpmm=1

be sure to include 'https' at start of links

:)

• Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...

Scott DworkinVerified account @funder 55m55 minutes ago

BREAKING: US Reps John Lewis, Hank Johnson, Steve Cohen and Earl Blumenauer will be boycotting Trump’s State of the Union tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
MSNBCVerified account @MSNBC 3h3 hours ago

Oregon Rep. Earl Blumenauer says he will not attend President Trump's State of the Union address tomorrow:

"Just like in past years, I plan to skip a speech that will be filled with lies, deception and divisiveness

... I refuse to be witness to his continued antics.”

• Like 1
22 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Scott DworkinVerified account @funder 55m55 minutes ago

BREAKING: US Reps John Lewis, Hank Johnson, Steve Cohen and Earl Blumenauer will be boycotting Trump’s State of the Union tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
MSNBCVerified account @MSNBC 3h3 hours ago

Oregon Rep. Earl Blumenauer says he will not attend President Trump's State of the Union address tomorrow:

"Just like in past years, I plan to skip a speech that will be filled with lies, deception and divisiveness

... I refuse to be witness to his continued antics.”

Would be better if they showed up and yelled "Liar!" every time Trump told one.  There is precedent set by Republicans during Pres. Obama SOU.  That Republican is still in Congress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Would be better if they showed up and yelled "Liar!" every time Trump told one.  There is precedent set by Republicans during Pres. Obama SOU.  That Republican is still in Congress.

It wouldn't be better politically for Dems to respond to Trump's antics by acting like Trump. 

Yea,  that would please the folks in on the coast and other blue-blue states but Dems already 'own' those few states.     

Philip BumpVerified account @pbump

"If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation." - Trump's SOTU, 2019

"I believe the time has come to bring that investigation and the other investigations of this matter to an end. One year of Watergate is enough." - Nixon's SOTU, 1974

==========================================

Ted LieuVerified account @tedlieu 33m33 minutes ago

Members of Congress took an oath to the Constitution.

We have a duty to conduct oversight over the other two branches of government.

Democrats in the House, unlike Republicans last term, will not abdicate our duty.

We WILL investigate @realDonaldTrump and his associates. #sotuSOTU_2019.png

• Like 1

I meant to watch it but I got all caught up in alphabetizing my paper clips.

It will be the usual Trump lies and exaggerations. Sometimes it take a

guy like Donny to remind me what a scummy and slimy country the USA!

USA! often is. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

VoteVetsVerified account @votevets 1h1 hour ago

Tepid applause from GOP on Trump's promise to ignite a new nuclear arms race that could lead us to a nuclear holocaust.

Yet, there was still applause.

Possibly his most dangerous statement of the evening.

Congress must step in, immediately. #SOTUSOTU_2019.png

With his attitudes on Race, women, religious and cultural diversity and other social issues, trump has sought to take us back more than 60 years.

But if the GOP lets him start another nuclear arms race, I hope you liked the movie "Jurassic Park " because that's how far we're going to go back to with or without the dinosaurs.

• Like 1

I tried to watch it, but... Two deliberate hrs of Trump, geez, 
I started rolling my eyes when he started talking about "compromise"...:rolleyes:
I flipped back to Viva Zapata! sometime after the following.... and then fell asleep.

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

"If there is going to be peace and legislation, there cannot be war and investigation." - Trump's SOTU, 2019

When I awoke, it was all over (thank god) and now I'll just review the "fact checker" rehash of what I was spared.

I know that I really should take him all in (to really hear it all from the horses **** err mouth, so to speak). But there is just so much (too much) of him to take. 
Like, I couldn't really stand watching him before he entered the political arena, and now, he's everywhere and all the time.  :(:angry:

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

For trump I think I would have picked " If I Only Had a Heart ".

All of the above.  Bone-Spurs in Chief has no courage .....he's afraid of rain drops on his hair.  Pathetic 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Arturo said:

All of the above.  Bone-Spurs in Chief has no courage .....he's afraid of rain drops on his hair.  Pathetic 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It wouldn't be better politically for Dems to respond to Trump's antics by acting like Trump. 

Yea,  that would please the folks in on the coast and other blue-blue states but Dems already 'own' those few states.     

Sorry, should have noted that it was meant as a joke.

• Like 1