Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The End of "TV"


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Hibi said:

 

Yeah, we've heard about it.......

Well then Hibi, I'm sorry I've apparently bored you with all this again.

However, it seems this was the first time Thenryb has heard this story, and so to answer his follow-up question about my Dating Game date...

The young lady and I being under 21 years of age were required to have a chaperone accompany us on our little weekend trip down to Ensenada Mexico that the show had set up.

(...and let's just put it this way...I was far more interested in that "older woman" in her late-twenties chaperone that whole weekend than I was with my date)

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hibi said:

But it hasnt stopped you from boring me again............LOL.

Well, there is always a "cure" to this sort'a thing ya know, Hibi ol' gal.

The next time I begin to drone on with one of my old tired stories and/or post one of those lame old pun-filled replies o' mine around here, simply gloss over it and move on to somebody else's posting.

(...see how simple that was?!) ;)

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I had a nickel for every time Bob Eubanks used the phrase make whoopee.

One of the serial killers in a true crime show I watched was a contestant on The

Dating Game. Can't recall if he was picked or not. He likely had more important

things to do anyway.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I wish I had a nickel for every time Bob Eubanks used the phrase make whoopee.

One of the serial killers in a true crime show I watched was a contestant on The

Dating Game. Can't recall if he was picked or not. He likely had more important

things to do anyway.

 

Yes, the dating game killer/ Rodney Alcala was picked but the woman chose not to go out with him because he was too weird.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gershwin fan said:

Yes, the dating game killer/ Rodney Alcala was picked but the woman chose not to go out with him because he was too weird.

 

Thanks for the information. I had forgotten the details. She certainly

got some bad vibes from him and made the right decision.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In fact, a number of A-Listers made appearances on TDG back in the day, too.

Among them would be Burt Reynolds, Tom Selleck, and the future "governator" of the state of California himself!

(...YOU know...that thick-necked Austrian guy with the gap-toothed grin who bedded his maid!)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dargo said:

the future "governator" of the state of California himself!

(...you know...that thick-necked Austrian guy who bedded his maid!)

Did he announce that He'd be back for a 2nd go? (on the dating game, silly)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, limey said:

Did he announce that He'd be back for a 2nd go? (on the dating game, silly)

Not sure, limey.

However as I recall, his exit line as he walked off the stage with his little bachelorette pick on his arm that one time was somethin' along the lines of, "Hasta la vista, baby".

Although of course, this was all SO damn long ago now that he MIGHT have actually said somethin' like, "Go ahead, make my date"!

(...no, wait a minute, that wasn't Arnold, that was some other actor's line, wasn't it...well, close anyway)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 5:44 PM, Vautrin said:

I wish I had a nickel for every time Bob Eubanks used the phrase make whoopee.

One of the serial killers in a true crime show I watched was a contestant on The

Dating Game. Can't recall if he was picked or not. He likely had more important

things to do anyway.

 

Yeah, I think he's on Death Row now. (LOL). I saw that episode on some Dateline ID show.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 4:52 PM, Dargo said:

Well, there is always a "cure" to this sort'a thing ya know, Hibi ol' gal.

The next time I begin to drone on with one of my old tired stories and/or post one of those lame old pun-filled replies o' mine around here, simply gloss over it and move on to somebody else's posting.

(...see how simple that was?!) ;)

LOL

Say who's calling who OLD??? Nah, it's more fun to needle you............

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Say who's calling who OLD??? Nah, it's more fun to needle you............

LOL

Sorry Hibi, but I've always gotten the impression around here you're probably just about the same age as I am.

(...and I AIN'T no spring chicken EITHER, ya know...BUT just STILL damn good lookin' AND in great shape for an old f-art anyway!!!)  ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did the FF (Fast Forward) read of this thread. I must be getting old, as it irritates me how everyone abbreviates everything. Twitter is making for a new norm. I had the chance to meet Gentleman Jim Lange in person at 560 KSFO. He also worked Magic 61 and 960 KABL, all in the San Francisco Bay Area. I suppose his good looks got him into The Dating Game, but his voice versus overall talent is probably what worked in radio. There was a time when the voice mattered in both TV and radio. The anchor of the CBS Evening News mumbles. Gone are the days of Dan Rather, who had talent and a great set of pipes. People on TV often talk too loud, too fast, and have annoyingly high pitch, from getting too excited. I think we all agree about Robert Osborne. He was so perfect. You can have all the others. I found Tiffany attractive, but didn't like watching her. Her voice was pleasant. I don't think we need movie buffs to do the intros. Someone behind the scenes can do the research. TCM needs "Presenters." I think Ben is fine for interviews. Entertain us for a couple of minutes before and after the movie. The movie, being a classic, will speak for itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hibi said:

Yeah, I think he's on Death Row now. (LOL). I saw that episode on some Dateline ID show.....

Yes he is. I too likely saw it on an ID show, just didn't recall the details. His appearance

on The Dating Game is on YT, not the original version but one of the later syndicated ones,

though Jim Lange is still the host.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hibi said:

A really creepy guy. On a more positive note, Paula Zahn is finally on hiatus! 7 LONG MONTHS.......

I didn't even think of Paula Zahn until you mentioned her. The ID schedule isn't

exactly one you can count on. I'm hoping the series about the deadly feuds between

neighbors comes back. That was one of my favorites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I like that show too (Neighbors from Hell) It hasnt been on in awhile. I dont get why her show gets so many episodes. Most shows run 2-3 months on there. Hers this last year ran SEVEN! Ever since you made fun of her pointless interviews, I cant watch them. I have to FF through those parts. And of course, all that sob sister stuff at the end of each one. UGH.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Yes he is. I too likely saw it on an ID show, just didn't recall the details. His appearance

on The Dating Game is on YT, not the original version but one of the later syndicated ones,

though Jim Lange is still the host.

Are you sure it wasn't Bob Eubanks???

(...he said with a wink...martindale)

;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Q: Do you think the fingerprints found at the scene may help you solve the crime?

A: Yes, the fingerprints should help us solve the crime.

The stories are usually interesting, but she sure isn't. Maybe she is the producer of

the show and gets a better deal from ID.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Yep. Compared to Bob Eubanks, Jimmy was one hep cat.

LOL

Yeah, come to think of it, I don't recall ever seeing Bob sportin' a Nehru jacket with a big ol' medallion hangin' around HIS neck while asking newlyweds about "making whoopie", and like I remember Lange sportin' for awhile and while he hosted The Dating Game.

(...and so your point is well-taken here, Mr. V) ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

LOL

Yeah, come to think of it, I don't recall ever seeing Bob sportin' a Nehru jacket with a big ol' medallion hangin' around HIS neck while asking newlyweds about "making whoopie", and like I remember Lange sportin' for awhile and while he hosted The Dating Game.

(...and so your point is well-taken here, Mr. V) ;)

Plus, Jim was the host of a swingin' singles game, whereas Bob was

the host for the ball and chain crowd. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Q: Do you think the fingerprints found at the scene may help you solve the crime?

A: Yes, the fingerprints should help us solve the crime.

The stories are usually interesting, but she sure isn't. Maybe she is the producer of

the show and gets a better deal from ID.

LOL!  The only reason I watch, the cases are good, if only they could edit her OUT! :D (Filters and all).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...