Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seven "squirrely cherubs"....

FG, love those Arnold photos.

I had the supreme pleasure of seeing THE DEVIL AND DANIEL WEBSTER at a little theatre in New Hampshire; almost all of the audience were locals.

During Eddies's final rousing and moving speech to the "jury", everybody (including me) clapped!

Love that Bronxgirl! -- I had the supreme pleasure of seeing THE DEVIL AND DANIEL WEBSTER at a little theatre in New Hampshire; almost all of the audience were locals.

Wow! That's the perfect setting for The Devil and Daniel Webster. You lucky dame, you.

During Eddies's final rousing and moving speech to the "jury", everybody (including me) clapped!

That's fantastic! I would have clapped when Simone Simon showed up on the scene.

Loved the "carrots" home video. Yep, that would be me with carrots and most every other vegetable.

I'll post some The Shop Around the Corner caps soon.

Hey Kylefornia -- Excellent photos! I've enjoyed every single one of them.

Cool pix of Woody! I didn't know he was in The Professionals, too---now I really have see that movie. Does anybody know if he ever was inducted into the Cowboy Hall of Fame? If not, he should have.

Sorry, I covered over my captions in the previous post.

The first photo has: Frank Jenks, Roscoe Karns, Rosalind Russell, Poter Hall, the great Gene Lockhart, Regis Toomey, and Cliff Edwards (Ukelele Ike).

Number two has: Regis Toomey, Porter Hall, then I can't tell if this is Clarence Kolb or not. I think it must be. And Cliff Edwards.

I thought it was strange that balloons and Frank Morgan were mentioned post-OZ in THE SHOP AROUND THE CORNER, but I was "blown away" by Morgan's wife making balloon connections with hubby Frank in BROADWAY TO HOLLYWOOD.

I'll keep watch on further Frank Morgan balloon patterns, as I know this is a crucial topic of interest.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Bronxgirl, you are very quick! I never noticed that and I just saw Broadway to Hollywood a few weeks ago...

Here are some lovely pics of Morgan, only one of which has anything to do with a balloon ( I looked, but couldn't find any others)

Morgan was probably the most recognizable character actor in the history of film. " And remember, my friend, a heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."

Photobucket

A great group of actors here: Charles Smith, Felix Bressart, Inez Courtney, Margaret Sullivan, Frank Morgan, Sara Haden, Jimmy Stewart, and William Tracy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Message was edited by: JackFavell

Great Morgan pix, Jack! My, he was handsome when younger. I think SHOP AROUND THE CORNER is his finest work. .

I love that line from OZ.

Thank you for your balloon investigation. I will continue mine.

Yours was an "uplifting" post.

Barbara

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it nice when a rainy day comes along, and my favorite actor Pat Flaherty shows up? Today on TCM he got another one line role in Only Angels Have Wings. Luckily, I wasn't bored at all during the two hours he wasn't on screen, because I had Allyn Joslyn, Victor Kilian, Richard Barthelmess, Sig Rumann, and the amazing Thomas Mitchell to keep me company. Thomas Mitchell's portrayal of Kid was once again, so deep and personal that you can't think of him as anyone else. Then you see him in any other movie and you realize he brought depth to every role he played.

I especially like Mitchell with Jean Arthur. They fit together quite naturally. I like the way they sound when they talk- nice and warm like two fuzzy blankets. Mitchell gets all the good names, too. Kid, Diz, Drisk, Doc.....

Message was edited by: JackFavell

Beautiful picture of father and daughter in that link. Yes, Scarlett was indeed her father's daughter and I love the way Thomas Mitchell talks to her in the early scenes, explaining what "the land" means to him and her.

I also love his character in *Adventure* with Clark Gable, have you seen it?

I don't think I've seen it. I started watching old movies when I was 8 or 9 years old. I may have seen it waaaaay back when you could catch a movie on Friday or Saturday night on the late show. I remember seeing some of Gable's 40's movies and just thinking how different he looked because of Lombard's death.

I just read a review of "Adventure" on IMDB that says it is fascinating. Not your standard Gable picture, but something deeper and more poetic. Apparently Gable and Garson have quite a lot of chemistry together. And they say that Thomas Mitchell is the standout in the cast. Now I am definitely going to have to watch it. Mitchell gets another great character name, too- Mudge!

• 2 weeks later...

I am posting some pictures of the grand old men of movies. I see some of them almost everyday on TCM, and I just felt like making a little tribute to them....

Harry Davenport

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Did you know that he was one of the co-founders of Actor's Equity? The organization was then known as the White Rats. He and Eddie Foy Jr. spearheaded a movement for actors of their day to have plumbing in their dressing rooms and a six day work week.