Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MRP

FireTV Black Screen solved

This worked for me.

As no troubleshooting direction is being provided I opted to try a few things on my own.

I cleared the settings for the TCM app on my FireTV.

Did by going to FireTV home/Settings/Applications/Managed Installed Applications/TCM/ I cleared the data and cache here.

When I launched TCM there was a message in regards to a single login for all apps (my guess is they created link from my Playstation Vue account tying things together and eliminating a second login).

So far so good, started a few films, running White Heat as a test atm.

Thank you MRP for sharing your solution!  This worked for me after three days of failed resets, logons and calls to my provider.  

This worked for me only so far. When I would get to that sign on screen and put in my credentials I would get a screen that said “you are now authorized” then that blank screen. I DID everything you suggest because it is common sense and the steps you take. Didn’t work. Even uninstalled and reinstalled and still same thing. Blank screen forever. Not until I started pressing buttons that were listed at the bottom as options for things to do- next page, previous page, etc—in just random order mashing of buttons did it suddenly flip to the settings screen for the app and now said “Logout” instead of “login”. This also happened with my 2nd Firestick. So idk why you and these other people had an easy time after the usual steps but mine didn’t work so easily. 

And now EVERY time I leave the app and go back movies won’t load-I get the “circle of death”(thanks inertia2 lol) and until I go force stop and clear cache in Firestick settings I can’t watch. I have to do this EVERY time now.

In my case,  the issue with the Internet connection. Sometimes, Slow internet is the also cause of Fire TV Black Screen issue. So,  i resolve this problem with these things such as 
1. Try using different HDMI cable.
2. Connect the HDMI cable to a different HDMI input port.
3. Restart the router.