Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies With Little or No Dialog

Metropolisforever

Maybe you are looking for something else, but here goes....

When I read your post, the movie that immediately came to mind has a lot of dialog, but the last five minutes are silent. "Big Night" with Stanley Tucci and Tony Shalhoub has a wonderful scene at the very end. The boys (who play brothers) have had a huge fight, and it is the next morning. One by one the characters come into the kitchen, while Stanley Tucci makes scrambled eggs. It is the greatest scene in the movie, because no words are spoken for the remainder of the film.

The sound reels were lost and since it was made on a shoestring to begin with, the producers had to put together a narration track.

I believe the sound effects and music reels weren't lost but the dialogue reels were.

SO there ...

I have the Creeping Terror on one of the MST3K Volumes, I think its the first one...

Most of the movie is narration as the dialog was lost or something like that...and yes too bad the movie wasnt lost

I love how the victims jump into the giant hole in the carpet to be eaten

Terrible movie, great mst3k experiment for sure

Love the music in it ( No dialog except for "MY god what is it?!?!" when the monster interrupts the dance scene

LOL

The Thief (1952) stars Ray Milland as a physicist who sells secret formulas to the Communists. The films is told entirely without dialogue. The only sounds are street sounds. There's a very good Hitchcockian pursuit at the top of the Empire State Building near the end.

The very unusual French film *La Jetee* has no dialogue --- only very sparse voiceover. By coincidence, it is playing on TCM this month --- Mon. January 7 at 4:15 AM EST.

*La Jetee* is a short (28 minute) movie from 1962 that was clearly the source material for the Brad Pitt/Bruce Willis film *12 Monkeys* (as the producers of the latter admitted all along). *La Jetee* is a very strange movie; it consists of a series of still photos, linked with very, very brief voiceover interludes.

The movie involves time travel from the future to stop activities from happening that will create havoc down the line. It is actually more of a romantic drama, in feel, than a sci-fi thing.

This one isn't for everybody, but it is really remarkable. If you have the slightest interest, give it a try --- at MOST, it's 28 minutes.

Hi traceyk65 -

Nice to see you, as always.

There is a link to "Buy" on the TCMDatabase page for Mr. Hulot's Holiday that I hyperlinked below. At $26.99 it is kinda pricey but then many foreign classics are more expensive.

I Hope you have a great 2008 and I also hope you have the chance to hang around here more often this year.

Kyle In Hollywood

Hello,

The Black Stallion (1979)...approximately twenty minutes to half-way through the movie. Alec Ramsey (Kelly Reno) and horse leave sinking ship to Alec and horse are picked up by sailors. No talking for forty five minutes. Pretty pictures. Good music.

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings