Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can you Delete your own Threads and Replys???

Victor

Fred was right. Once you have posted something you can go back and edit but you have to leave something in the post. It could be a number or a punctuation mark but something has to be in it.

You cannot delete or edit anyone else's posts. If there is something unsavory you can contact TCM. Imagine the fights if you could edit someone else's comments?

"...Imagine the fights if you could edit someone else's comments?"

Would those fights be as good as the ones where we can read each other's posts??? Where we can read one poster calling another poster one 'stupid' or 'ash-hole' or 'change the channel you idiot' or 'don't read what I write'???

Those are hilarious. I can't imagine people getting that steamed up over words on a message board from strangers. Passionate about a topic, yes, but personal with someone you can't even picture?? It makes me picture grumpy old men or something, like the two old men in "The White Cliffs Of Dover" almost getting into fisticuffs over the Revolutionary War a hundred or so years ago, LOL.

"Those are hilarious. I can't imagine people getting that steamed up over words on a message board from strangers..."

I hear ya. But some of the words don't just agree to disagree...they insult other people for their choices. And dem's fightin' words!

So we can't delete others' threads. Guess the IGNORE button'lllll have to do.

Well, I have to eat my words a little anyway (can I have some A-1 sauce, please?), because a couple of years ago, I did in fact get steamed up when out of left field, a poster to whom I'd never spoken called me a racist, based upon absolutely nothing other than the fact of where I live. I got really angry, because if he'd known anything about me or my family, he never could've said that. But to base it on knowing nothing about me, nothing I'd ever said, merely upon the fact of where I live, did get me a bit excitable. I explained the facts, he apologised, and it was all copacetic afterwards :)

And app 4-5 years ago, there was a poster who kept making not-so-subtle innuendos based upon the fatc that every single person here on the forums hadn't heard of every single minority actress who ever stood before a camera, and said that we weren't such great movie fans, because of that mere fact. I didn't get exactly angry, but I finally got very exasperated with her not-so-passive/aggressive manner of accusing everyone of being racist for not knowing these actresses or consistently choosing them as their favorite "whatever" (favorite actress, most beautiful, etc). She made thread after thread after thread about "the most beautiful this-that-or-the-other" just so she could get her digs in. I'm sorry, but if I knew every minority actress who ever existed, Norma Shearer would still be my favorite, just because she is, and I don't have justify that. Just as I choose her over every red-headed actress, or every blonde actress, etc, etc, etc.

Anyway, just in the interests of honesty, there's been a time or two when I failed to maintain my objective demeanor, but I certainly prefer to try to do so. I try to remember, how important can it be to convince, out-argue, etc, a total stranger on a message board, of my personal opinion? We'll both close our browsers and go on with our happy little lives :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings