Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for title of movie

doodlebug603

Hi I'm looking for the title of an old movie that i saw.It's a sort of sci-fi comedy.It's about a submarine that was missing for , I believe 20 years. When some underwater explorers found it,there are survivors still on board. I believe it went down in the 20s . I remember that the youngest passenger , a girl, was a baby when they sank and is now 20 years old. They manage somehow to take oxygen from the water itself with some kind of machine on the sub , which keeps them alive. and they also grow food. I remember them dancing to music from the 20s. It's a black and white movie that I saw on t.v.

I've been looking for the title for a long time. I hope someone out there can help me with this. I would love to see it again. I can't seem to remember much else. Any help with this will be appreciated...

No that is not the one.The movie that I am looking for is a much older movie, it took place in a submarine, and it played out more like a romantic comedy than a sci-fi. But thanks for helping me, the link you sent me brought to my attention some other interesting movies !

I'm not sure about this , but I think the young girl in question does not want to leave the sub. She was raised there from a baby, and knows nothing of the world other than what she has known on board. ( but it could be one of the other passengers .... it's vague in my memory ) Very interesting movie, lots of suspense....

thanks a bunch for your help Di.........

• 1 year later...

Hi, Thank you Dianabat, you were right after all. ''Goliath Awaits'' is the title I was looking for . There wasn't much information for the storyline on IMDB, therefore I did not think it was the right one, but I finally found it by searching for the song that was played in the movie '' Happy days are here again'' . And I thought it was a submarine when it was actually a cruise ship, and I thought it was older than the 80s. When I think of all the time I wasted looking when you had given me the right answer all along ........ Next time I will dig deeper into responses haha Thank you for taking the time to respond. Marie

You're very welcome, Marie. :)

It's sometimes difficult to remember all the elements of a plot correctly, especially after a number of years have passed. I know...it's happened to me, too. Glad you found what you were looking for.

Di

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings