Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is "Now Playing" available on newsstands? Really want the January issue!

Lissbirds

Hello, classic movie lovers!

This is my first time posting, so forgive me for being a newbie here.

I was wondering if anyone knew if Now Playing was available at newstands/bookstores (like B&N, Borders, etc.). James Cagney is my all-time favorite classic movie star, and when I saw he was featured in this month's issue I wanted to snag a copy. I wanted to subscribe, but it says it takes 6-12 weeks for your first issue to arrive, so I probably wouldn't get the January issue, so I figured perhaps I coudl find a copy somewhere in person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Take care!

--Melissa

I recieved both December and January on time but I am on the East coast. I really like the section that offers the movies in alphabetical order in the back and the part where the premieres, etc. are listed. These are things you don't get with the schedule you print off. Plus the articles. I found out Ben Mankiewicz is a J-LO fan in this issue. ..LOL Well, actually he was recommending the movie "Out of Sight" and he poked fun at himself for Lopez being in one of his favorite films. He highly recommended "Three Days of the Condor" which plays tomorrow night on TCM. I haven't seen it but I am going to watch it. I have been so excited to see so many new movies playing on TCM recently. I only wish some of the premieres would play more than once. Anyway, back order the January copy if you can. It is worth it. I would offer mine but I have to keep the article about James Cagney...LOL.

Well, I wonder what the real story is. I didn't get my December issue and when I called they told me that they had been mailed late, but would send a replacement copy. When that didn't arrive I called again and was told that it had been sent, but they would extend my subscription anyway. Nobody said anything about a fire.If they really did have a fire, I think we all would be very understanding about missing an issue.

I wonder if they all come from the same warehouse because Celluloid-kid is in AZ. so there may have been a fire in the West coast warehouse but you are in NY & I am in KY ...so that could have been an East coast thing. Mine says it is shipped from Palm Coast, FL. that still doesn't explain why I got mine on time and you didn't. HMmmm...

Beginning with the September 2006 issues of Now Playing this information has appeared at the right side of the address block on my copies:

PRSRT STD

U.S. POSTAGE

PAID

MARIETTA, GA

PERMIT #1167

This indicates that my copies are mailed at Marietta Georgia.

Before the September 2006 issue my copies had this information:

PRSRT STD

U.S. POSTAGE

PAID

BROOKFIELD, WI

PERMIT #8

Message was edited by: talkietime

"I found out Ben Mankiewicz is a J-LO fan in this issue. ..LOL Well, actually he was recommending the movie "Out of Sight" and he poked fun at himself for Lopez being in one of his favorite films."

Ha! I'd like to see that article. :) Hopefully the warehouse is still standing. :)

--Melissa

Same here, CelluloidKid, I missed the Dec issue too, except they didn't mention the warehouse fire to me. How far ahead does everyone usually get their issues? Does anyone have February yet? I used to get mine about a month early, but that seems to have changed lately.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings