Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
coopsgirl

Hollywood Without Make-up

This doc isn't scheduled to run until March but I'm just so excited that TCM is showing it I thought I'd start a thread about it. Here's the link to it's IMDB page where you can see the list of stars in it. It's practically everyone who ever worked in Hollywood :).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407874/fullcredits#cast

Ken Murray came to Hollywood in the '20s and had a pretty successful career but the best thing he did (in my opinion) was to take his little movie camera everywhere and film the stars doing regular stuff like playing tennis, attending polo games, and my fave Gary Cooper scuba diving wearing just a pair of little shorts and a smile ;).

I've seen clips of some of his home movies as he called them on episodes of the old Judy Garland show where he was frequently a guest and they are really neat (thanks to Theresa aka butterscotchgreer).

So TCM is really going to air this? That's great! I can't wait to see Gary!

This one turns up every other year or so (and occasionally more often, I think); it's definitely been shown in the couple of years (4 now, actually) that I've been doing DVD-Rs. There's another one: Hollywood, My Home Town. Each one runs under an hour. I think they were done originally as network (which one?) specials, back when. Haven't checked them on imdb.com, but I'm sure they must be there. People these days may only know him for his movies, but I remember him showing up on variety shows, with monologues, etc. - and sometimes showing his movies - not just Judy Garland shows. He did have a couple of really good movie roles, but he was (to me) one of the earlier "famous for being famous" people....

Bill