Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story

Moviebuffer12

Here's my opinion. Hey Buffer...check out the thread "WHY TERMINATOR." Then you can see what posters think about showing modern films on a classic movie channel. Kind of like your question about "...Dewey Cox" on a Message Board predominantly about classic old films. Why?

I Asked for reviews about Dewey Cox. I didn't complain about it being played on Turner Classic Movies because it's not being played on Turner Classic Movies (Heaven forbid if the did play Dewey Cox, they have the rights to it). I didn't think these boards were made to talk just about classic movies. New ones are welcome too.

This movie turns my stomach as does its director Judd Apatow. He is a prime example of the garbage men that are running Hollywood these days. All of his movies are garbage. He is a junk dealer. How this idiot became a director and actually got the money to do his films is beyond me. I am sure he did not get there by his talent, because he does not have any. I really despise this guy and every film he ever made or will make.

I like Judd Apatow!! He his very smart and talented to make "Old School" comedies!!

He must be doing something right!? Entertainment Weekly Magazine #968 December 7, 2007 Named him of the "50 Smartest People in Hollywood"!

In 2007, he didn't bring funny, he changed the whole business. On the heels of "The 40 Year Old Vrigin" he hit the zeitgeist with 2 raunchy-yet-resonant-laugh-fest-"Kocked Up" and "Superbad"!

That mopped a combined $270 million! Drama is tanking and comedy is king!

His frank comedies have an innocent center: All that horniess aside, love, fiendship and commitment do matter!!!

Apatow has become both a brand and a star maker, slingshotting guys like Steve Carell and Seth Rogan onto the A list.

He recently joined forces with Will Ferrell (not a fan of his) and Adam McKay on the web sensation FunnyOrDie.Com.

I thought the lead actor had a promising career...but looks like he's gone the way of buffoonery in the characters he's playing.

And Kim...I have to admit I laugh at Apatow's films and I think I'm a pretty enlightened person. I guess to each her own, ey?

I finally got to see it yesterday. It's like Deuce Bigalow where it's extremley horrible and tastless, but it's impossible not to laugh. I thought the songs were surprisingly good. I liked walk the line and I thought Ray was brilliant, so I was a little annoyed at some of the moments. The nudity and the use of foul language was excessive. I did think that John C. Riley was good for the part of Dewey Cox. He has an amazingly good voice for the songs. The other cast was good too. The jokes did get a bit old after the 300th usage of them. I give it a 2 1/2 out of 5 stars.

When I saw the previews for this thing, I decided I had no interest in it. I get that same reaction most of the time when I go to the movies and see previews of coming attractions. I just saw a preview of some 1920s or 1930s football comedy with George Clooney ... looks totally uninteresting, although I suppose the women may flock to see Clooney.

Have you even seen the movie? Did it really turn your stomach? How is he a prime example of those who are ruining Hollywood? How many current movies do you even see in the first place? Why are you calling him an idiot? For all your hateful, negative name-calling you didn't cite a single reason for all of your immature and baseless venom? You have an axe to grind, don't you? What a coarse, judgmental person you are. Perhaps you should go read a book by Dr. Phil and try to get over yourself.

Message was edited by: MrHoneywell

We talk about celebrities all the time here...who we like and don't like. We (try) not to talk about each other, which is what you did:

"For all your hateful, negative name-calling you didn't cite a single reason for all of your immature and baseless venom? You have an axe to grind, don't you? What a coarse, judgmental person you are."

Strong reactions like that aren't too cool. And the person you were addressing probably has you on IGNORE by now. Mr. Honeywell, I think my little Margie is calling you.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings