Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The FiddleDeeDee Thread

daddysprimadonna

GONE WITH THE WIND TRIVIA:

Gone with the Wind is Ted Turner's favorite movie, as such he launched the TNT network with a broadcast of this film.

Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh spent their time between takes playing battleship as said by Olivia de Havilland during an interview called, "Melanie Remembers". They permitted de Havilland to play once and she promptly beat the both of them. She was not allowed to play again.

Also in Olivia de Havilland's interview, she stated that when it came time to get into character she would take at least twenty minutes to fully become Melanie while Vivien Leigh could march before the camera and become Scarlett O'Hara.

All the liquid used for alcohol was tea, but during the scene where Clark Gable and Hattie McDaniel are drinking to the birth of Bonnie Butler, Gable (as a joke) replaced the tea with real alcohol. McDaniel did not know until she took a swig.

Olivia de Havilland's character Melanie is the only principal character to die in the movie. Ironically, de Havilland is the only member of the top four members of the cast to still be alive.

Leslie Howard died in a plane crash during the war, Clark Gable died of a heart attack in 1960, and Vivien Leigh died of tuberculosis in 1967.

Vivien Leigh reportedly stated that she did not like kissing Clark Gable citing his breath smelled foul due to his false teeth.

During the filming of Gone with the Wind, Vivien Leigh was reported to have smoked four packs of cigarettes a day.

In 1989, Gone with the Wind was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant". In 1998, the American Film Institute ranked it #4 on its "100 Greatest Movies" list.

Rhett Butler's infamous farewell line to Scarlett O'Hara, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn", was voted in a poll by the American Film Institute in 2005 as the most memorable line in cinema history!

"War, war, war, fiddledeedee, y'all aren't having any dinner at my house if you don't hush!"

Melanie, I'd bet that's the way you keep the undesireables away for the holidays ... but I'd also bet that you'd let some of them in, based on how good-natured you are.

Message was edited by: MattHelm for Freudian typo

Bond can't wear glasses. All a bad guy'd have to do is knock 'em off, and he'd be out of commission. No...I think Perlman would've been better served as a Bond villain to join the pantheon of villains like Scaramanga, Blofeld, Goldfinger, Dr. No and Lotte Lenya's character with the lethal shoe. Can't you see him plucking those strings?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings