Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

(Said with cigarette dangling betwixt her lips)

”my kind is always in trouble with the law, baby.”

I fought the law and the law won...........

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

My only real takeaway from THE CRYING GAME was HOW AWFUL Forrest Whitaker was in it. Like, I was only 13, but I distinctly recall HEAVY EYEROLL at his reads.

And then he ended up beating Peter O’Toole for an Oscar. Go figure.

(“Peter O’Toole”, heh heh.)

Was he related to Plenty?

• Haha 2
50 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Remember when "Peter" was censored on the boards when they first switched to the new software before the last new software? 

Those were the days.

SHEESH. I dont remember that. RIDICULOUS!

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

What a relief it is for me to hear that.
Now I could fully understand why someone would view Tor Johnson au naturel as being, well maybe repulsive to look at (especially in his later years), but couldn't the mods have just deleted that picture and left the rest of the thread intact? :D

Really? I took that for a joke..........was there really a picture?

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

It discouraged me to have my work scrubbed, especially as yesterday was my birthday AND I HATE MY BIRTHDAY and was already extra depressed.

I was going to post a review of SEVEN SAMURAI which I had just finished watching that morning – but IF my work (And the work of others) is just going to be vaporized, why bother?

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! You share it with my departed grandmother. Mine is coming up next month and I HATE mine too. (Wait till you get my age!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Sallright. Don’t worry about it. And thanks, but you got nothing to be sorry for. 

Thank you Lorna, you are a gracious lady. :wub:
My first post in your thread was to you.
I wrote:
In my digital library I have a collection of "Brit lit" including several E. M. Forster titles (a few of which I've actually read through). I am one of those that enjoys most of the screen adaptations of such works, including his, though not because of any FFMN that may be displayed.

47 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

It discouraged me to have my work scrubbed, especially as yesterday was my birthday AND I HATE MY BIRTHDAY and was already extra depressed.

I was going to post a review of SEVEN SAMURAI which I had just finished watching that morning – but IF my work (And the work of others) is just going to be vaporized, why bother?

I would wish you a belated "Happy Birthday" if that isn't too depressing for you to hear (er read).
I stopped counting birthdays many birthdays ago, sometimes I actually forget how old I am and have to think about it. :huh:
When I was commercial fishing in Alaska I used to wear this Trumpian "red" hat, but it said, "I May Be Getting Older, But I Refuse To Grow Up!"  I think it describes me pretty well! ^_^

I know it is frustrating to work on something (even as seemingly trivial as a board post) and then have it callously discarded. But I am grateful to you and others who do take the time to contribute here.
Whenever I check these boards I almost always find something that makes me laugh or smile, or I learn something, (Sometimes All Three!) ;)
BTW, I also rewatched SEVEN SAMURAI. As long as it is I never seem to tire of it!

• Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Hibi said:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! You share it with my departed grandmother. Mine is coming up next month and I HATE mine too. (Wait till you get my age!)

i ALWAYS feel like Dorothy in that episode of THE GOLDEN GIRLS when Rose forces her to go to MR HOT DOG'S HAHAHACIENDA for her birthday.

but thank you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

I was hoping that you'd pop in here CaveGirl, because you were also  one the eight posters to which I replied in my post (twice).  

In one post You wrote:
I've never seen a Gay Indie Film. Though one would probably think I had considering the reactions of some wimpy men I've dated who freaked out at films that weren't even close to that extreme. For example, I remember watching the great Paul Verhoeven film, "The 4th Man" [1983] with a guy I was dating and there was some really mild scene between Jeroen Krabbe and some guy, and my date almost blew a gasket, and was flipping out saying "Oh golly, I can't watch this..." as if he was seeing the Hindenburg burn and was in shock over the loss of human lives. What a baby! Do you know how many films with full female nudity, any woman in the US who watches fairly many mainstream movies, has probably seen in a lifetime? Hundreds probably, but then some men who claim to be heterosexual go ballistic if there is any male nudity in a film, even if it is a guy getting out of a bed.

So if I get any Gay Indie films, I guess I will not be inviting any of the heterosexual men I know over, as they might go into cardiac arrest. Get a grip, guys...it is not catching through the tv screen or just from watching it through almost closed eyes!

My response to that post was:
After reading through all these enlightening posts I began a little self exploration as to the roots of my own aversion, not necessarily to FFMN, but to two (or more males) openly engaging in homosexual behavior in front of me.
I admit to a double standard here, as I find two women doing the same quite provocative (in the enticing sense), but I suppose that that derives from a common male fantasy of the Ménage à trois possibility.
I do not recall in elementary school having such same sex FFMN phobias.
I remember those long horse trough urinals we'd all flock to. Openly examining each others weiners and making observational comments, not understanding that some of us had been circumcised and others not, but recognizing that there were obvious anatomic differences.
Engaging in the jocular practice of urine "sword fights" with each other, which I am sure made all the girls envious at such an ability.
But somehow (perhaps with the advent of closed stalls and pubertal onset) during Junior high, and certainly by H.S. such an aversion transition became apparant.
In gym we still shared those open shower bays, but anyone whose eyes lingered too long on anothers "junk" could quickly be labeled a " f  a  g " and such shaming rumours would quickly spread and be whispered about among both sexes in school.
Perhaps that is the shared root of it. A commonly uncomfortable adolescent period and conditioning that persists into male adulthood in our society.

In any event, and for whatever reason, we (most of us "All American" guys) still carry that burden of  uncomfortableness, much to the chagrin of our female counterparts which have had to deal with prevalent female nudity and lesbianism on the "big" screen throughout their lives.

In another post You wrote:
I've been on the "road to ruin" since I read The Marquis de Sade's "Justine" in high school.

What's more salacious..."SBTL" or "Salo"?

Speaking of salacious though, I would be interested in seeing any of the blue movies supposedly starring an early Joan Crawford. I've seen some stills and she is really frightening in them and could scare anyone off sex for good, I believe.

My response to that post was:
It was also in H.S. that I first became aquainted with the writings of Marquis de Sade.
A friend of mine called to tell me that when he was walking home from school he kicked something in the gutter and discovered it was a book.
He picked it up and began reading some of it. He sad it was the most disgusting stuff he'd ever seen. It sounded unbelievable to me that such words were actually in print. So he gave me the book to read for for myself.
I did. And I admit that I was both shocked and titillated by much of what it contained.
It was a fat little paperback that contained the English translation of the misadventures of "Justine" and some other stories by this infamous author.
The book was too shockingly "good" to keep to myself, so I secretly shared it.
I secured a non-descript brown paper cover to it, and left it in a conspicuous location in school. Then I secretly observed to see who would pick it up and their reaction to it. It was amusing, to say the least.
I began to hear stories about this obscene "book" circulating in the school.
Sometimes I'd even catch a glimpse of it as no one saw fit to remove it's distinctive brown cover.
Eventually it was picked up by some teacher and sadly was removed from of our local circulation.
Still I obtained some devious delight in thinking that I had perhaps enlightened or corrupted some of my peers at that time.

Never saw the other, but I think Pasolini's Salo (1976) would have made Sade "proud".

I have also heard (read about) those blue movies supposedly starring an early Joan Crawford (and others).
It would not surprise me if some of that may be true as several young actors/actress' resorted to such activities as a means of "survival" before a few of them made it on the "legitimate" screen. And sadly some also felt the "need" to do so after whatever "fame" they had once attained waned... 

I think those two replies were probably as potentially "offensive" as I may have gotten in my post.
Don't know, but if this thread gets deleted after reposting them then I'll be fairly certain that this was the part that got Lorna's thread in trouble with the "law" around these parts....????

Hey, Stephan! I so appreciate your responses to my post as I think both were well thought out examinations of why we all do, well, what we do. Now my original post about the film "The 4th Man" was referring to a rather mild scene with no real sexual content between the men, just maybe a kiss or something. That was why I was making fun of the way some [not all] men become exceedingly overwrought. Now I have read Masters and Johnson and I remember reading that though many men in their testing would proclaim distaste at any sexual behaviour between people of the same sex, the researchers noticed that their physical reactions belied what they would say on the questionnaire about seeing women together. Finally they realized that the men were mentally injecting themselves into the scene with the women mentally, hence they then found it unobjectionable. As for the Marquis de Sade, I think it can be seen by many literally as only about sex, and then to others it finally becomes a diatribe against censorship of any kind and freedom of thought processes. It becomes the reverse of its outer vestiges, kind of like the old New Yorker cartoon of a very sophisticated man looking at a painting of a nude woman and saying "Oh, it reminds me of a rose." From my vantage point your very honest and introspective study of yourself, is more moral and adult and deserves to be read, than many posts that are immaturely titillating yet would not be condemned to the junk heap due to being seen as the typical bawdy comment but deep down are much more salacious in nature. Thanks for sharing such an incisive commentary on what is it like to grow up male in our society. 

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

i ALWAYS feel like Dorothy in that episode of THE GOLDEN GIRLS when Rose forces her to go to MR HOT DOG'S HAHAHACIENDA for her birthday.

but thank you.

LOL.

39 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

but thank you.

OMG! Is that the one where the clown host or something keeps calling all the kiddies with birthdays to come up to the front? And Dorothy has to go and well...hilarious.

Lorna, Happy Belated Birthday and remember, we all read your original post which is the important point, and speaking for myself, thoroughly enjoyed your take on FFMN and the like, and that's the important thing. Only really great stuff usually gets censored by small minds. It's the boring and mundane things that never get any attention since they are, well...boring and mundane and offend no one. To offend no one, is to end up bland like a bowl of rice...not that there's anything wrong with rice of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

From my vantage point your very honest and introspective study of yourself, is more moral and adult and deserves to be read, than many posts that are immaturely titillating yet would not be condemned to the junk heap due to being seen as the typical bawdy comment but deep down are much more salacious in nature. Thanks for sharing such an incisive commentary on what is it like to grow up male in our society. 

I second that comment. I especially appreciated his self-analysis of why many men do not like watching man on man sexual behavior. I laughed at his description of preadolescent male behavior in school bathroom. I recall competitions to see who could stand furthest back from the urinal and still reach it, which resulted in so many misses that the principal came into the classroom, excused the girls, talked about the odor in the boys bathroom, and exhorted all of us to stop such competitions. Also amusing was the way he described the behavioral changes when we reached puberty, although back in my day "f*g" was a slang term for a cigarette, and homosexuals were called "queers". I think this "self-analysis" rings true with many of us.

• Thanks 2
13 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

(she looks kind of like a butch Pagliacci)

LOL! That was a trailblazing show. I know it'll live forever in syndication, but I miss "The Girls".....only Betty left now. :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
5 hours ago, Dargo said:

Actually Stephan, you have nothin' to apologize for here.

Ya see I TOO was keeping tabs on that thread just as it disappeared, and from what I could tell the REAL reason the moderators deleted it was right after Rich posted a picture of Tor Johnson au naturel in it.

I suppose you know how Rich is about all things Tor, doncha?!

(...and in THIS case I DO mean "all things"!) 

;)

Hey, include me out!

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Remember when "Peter" was censored on the boards when they first switched to the new software before the last new software? 

Those were the days.

I remember too, that DICK VAN DYKE got the "star" treatment too. :D

Sepiatone

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

but thank you.

If someone calls you on your birthday...

492b76a67608f33fc5815d6cd50a818b.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Hibi said:

LOL! That was a trailblazing show. I know it'll live forever in syndication, but I miss "The Girls".....only Betty left now. :(

I love that show too.  It's on every night on Hallmark from 8pm-10pm (PST) and the entire series is on Hulu.  Blanche is my favorite character--she's hilarious.