• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stephan55

Happy Valentines Ya'll

History of Valentines Day aside

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine's_Day

I just feel in the mood to wish All here a happy one!
To you and yours!

And if you find yourself alone, buy yourself a bag of Kisses (or your favorite confectionery) and imagine that someone whose dear is thinking about you at this moment and sent them to you!
If I could I'd send each of you a bag to enjoy and share with someone enjoyable!
(sincerely mean that)
You've all given me much enjoyment over the years with your rants and tangents, and I'm strangely feeling a little close and affectionate at this moment!
So Happy Valentines Day to each and every one of you! :)
(pass it on)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

To you and yours!

And if you find yourself alone, buy yourself a bag of Kisses (or your favorite confectionery) and imagine that someone whose dear is thinking about you at this moment and sent them to you!
If I could I'd send each of you a bag to enjoy and share with someone enjoyable!
(sincerely mean that)
You've all given me much enjoyment over the years with your rants and tangents, and I'm strangely feeling a little close and affectionate at this moment!
(pass it on)

Yeah, well, talk of "nude beaches" will do that to some people, ya know.

(...depending upon how cold the water is, of course) 

;)

• Haha 3

Ah, YES. St. Valentine....

The patron saint of candy and card makers.  And florists. ;) 

I made sure to give my wife a big kiss as she was carried out to be taken to dialysis today.  :wub:

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I made sure to give my wife a big kiss as she was carried out to be taken to dialysis today.  :wub:

Sepiatone

Every day we have is precious and can never be repeated. I'm sure your wife appreciated the kiss, better than any candy, card or flowers....
You are a good man!
Happy Valentines Day to both you and your wife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Sepiatone

Bless you and your wife.  You know what Valentine's Day is really about and you live it every day of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

And for THIRTY TWO years. :)

Sepiatone

It certainly sounds like she is the wife of your youth, and the true love of your life.
A rare and very precious treasure to possess.
You are a lucky man!

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, Stephan55 said:

To you and yours!

(sincerely mean that)
(pass it on)

This post is starting to remind me of Miss Lonelyhearts in the movie "Rear Window", Stephan. Remember how Jimmy would watch her machinations in getting ready for a date and then the guy would either attack her or dump her continually. And she would primp and pretend that her real knight in shining armor would show up soon, but alas, it was all pretty depressing, and especially after she would cook a whole dinner for the lounge lizard and even buy a nice wine to imbibe. 

That Judith Evelyn always had trouble with men, like even in "The Tingler" where she was mute and had that dippy hubby and then old Vincent took to scaring her with the red blood in the sink, and the tingler got in her spinal column and...well, we won't go there. The red blood does remind me of a nice red Valentine card that might have candy hearts in it.

Sorry if I ruined your very nice Valentine greeting...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Stephan55 said:

It certainly sounds like she is the wife of your youth, and the true love of your life.
A rare and very precious treasure to possess.
You are a lucky man!

I reacted with a "laugh" emoticon because the "...of your youth," statement struck me funny.  Probably because she's my 2nd wife, and I married her when I was 37.  She's 10 years my senior, and throughout most of our time together, she often displayed a more youthful personality and attitude towards life.

Lucky?  Well, don't I KNOW it!

Sepiatone

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

I reacted with a "laugh" emoticon because the "...of your youth," statement struck me funny.  Probably because she's my 2nd wife, and I married her when I was 37.  She's 10 years my senior, and throughout most of our time together, she often displayed a more youthful personality and attitude towards life.

Lucky?  Well, don't I KNOW it!

Sepiatone

Well I guess I mentally had shaved off about 10-15 of your years Sepia. For some reason I thought you were younger. But since your wife was, ahem, a "cradle robber" I guess the term still sorta applies, since you were/are the youth in the relationship.
Most people who remarry don't seem to learn from what went "wrong" in the first, and generally repeat themselves. Not so with you and yours. So yes, you are a lucky man (in more ways than one).

I used to work with patients on dialysis, so I have an idea of what it's like for her, and can almost imagine what it may be like for yourself.

I know that I am not saying anything that you don't already know, but it makes me feel good to reaffirm how important it is to enjoy everyday we have with those that we care about.
One happy year together can equal a lifetime. I wish many more years of happiness for both You and your wife.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

This post is starting to remind me of Miss Lonelyhearts in the movie "Rear Window", Stephan. Remember how Jimmy would watch her machinations in getting ready for a date and then the guy would either attack her or dump her continually. And she would primp and pretend that her real knight in shining armor would show up soon, but alas, it was all pretty depressing, and especially after she would cook a whole dinner for the lounge lizard and even buy a nice wine to imbibe. 

That Judith Evelyn always had trouble with men, like even in "The Tingler" where she was mute and had that dippy hubby and then old Vincent took to scaring her with the red blood in the sink, and the tingler got in her spinal column and...well, we won't go there. The red blood does remind me of a nice red Valentine card that might have candy hearts in it.

Sorry if I ruined your very nice Valentine greeting...

Are you really sorry CG... :unsure:

Don't worry about it, Valentines Day was yesterday, and I'm back to my old, cold, and gruff self again today. ;)
BTW, I hope that you had a good one. :)

Ha, Miss Lonelyhearts and the Tingler, I'd never given thought nor made the association that Judith Evelyn was in both flicks. Though I can easily visualize the characters that she played.
You're right, she had the bad luck to play victimized ladies in both. Hopefully in her real life she fared much better than her screen roles.