Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephan55

My Thanks, Haha, Confused, Sad, & Like Reactions are No Longer posting?

My "Thanks," "Haha," "Confused," "Sad," & "Like" Reactions are No Longer posting? :(
Evidently some time last night they stopped showing up. This morning the same.
But I notice that others "Reactions" since then are posting.
My later posts are there, but NOT my "Reactions" to anyone elses.
Is this happening to others here? :huh:
Does anyone know how to correct it? :unsure:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah Lawrence, Me Too.
I see your Reaction just posted.
Why aren't mine???? :blink:

• Like 1

Just now, Stephan55 said:

Yeah Lawrence, Me Too.
I see your Reaction just posted.
Why aren't mine???? :blink:

I know you're one of the more tech savvy around here, so it couldn't be anything simple like a browser change or update, right?

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2018 at 12:34 PM, LawrenceA said:

I know you're one of the more tech savvy around here, so it couldn't be anything simple like a browser change or update, right?

I just clicked on a "Like" to your post. But Nothing.
No I've done nothing that should affect that here. (at least not that I'm aware of....)
I have been posting quite a few "Likes" & "Haha's" etc. of late...
I think I remember awhile back someone else posted about a similar problem, but that may have been around the time of this last "board revision." 
I seem to remember someone saying that there was a daily or weekly, or whatever limit to the number of "Likes" we could post in a day, or whatever.... I didn't think that there was anything to that at the time, but now I'm beginning to wonder?

I have the rinky-dink reaction icons disabled on mine (via Adblock Plus custom filters), but the words still show up.  That is good enough for me, but nothing seems different on my end right now.

I just clicked on "Thanks" to you for that MCOH, but I don't see it showing up? :(

I don't want to have to start making a post just for a Haha, or what-have-you, but I don't want anybody to think I've stopped responding either....
Gosh, if MCOH can't figure this one out I feel I really am in a quandary.

I've been having sort-of-an innocent little "feud" with the Mod of late.
Don't suppose he/she would be messing with me, do yah? :huh:

On the previous board set-up, there was a limit on likes in a 24-hour period, and there would be a pop-up you would see if you had met that limit. However, even then it didn't seem to always be in effect. 

I haven't seen any such restrictions with new boards, but I may not be "liking" posts as often, either. Still, if there was a restriction, I would guess that the onscreen indicator would remain, and since you're not seeing one, it sounds like some other technical issue.

Your best bet may be to PM a mod and ask them. It may be bug they are not aware of.

7 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

On the previous board set-up, there was a limit on likes in a 24-hour period, and there would be a pop-up you would see if you had met that limit. However, even then it didn't seem to always be in effect. 

I haven't seen any such restrictions with new boards, but I may not be "liking" posts as often, either. Still, if there was a restriction, I would guess that the onscreen indicator would remain, and since you're not seeing one, it sounds like some other technical issue.

Your best bet may be to PM a mod and ask them. It may be bug they are not aware of.

I'd kinda like to try to rule that out before, ahem, contacting a Mod about this...
Where would the "Limit Pop-Up" be, if there was one?
Or would it be so obvious that no one could possibly miss it, like that extremely annoying "Ben, harassment to "join" the TCM Backlot."

31 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

I just clicked on "Thanks" to you for that MCOH, but I don't see it showing up? :(

Me either.  Maybe your browser has a recently added/updated plugin that is too strict?  For instance I have a plugin called YesScript2 which shuts off Javascript for a specific website if I click on its icon while that site is up.  That is for certain other websites that constantly refresh themselves as I read them, causing me to lose my place.  It totally renders this site useless though, as it removes the buttons and posting field since in this case they are driven by Javascript.

3 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

I'd kinda like to try to rule that out before, ahem, contacting a Mod about this...
Where would the "Limit Pop-Up" be, if there was one?
Or would it be so obvious that no one could possibly miss it, like that extremely annoying "Ben, harassment to "join" the TCM Backlot."

Yeah, you wouldn't miss it if it still popped up. It appeared in the center of your screen, and you had to "x" it to continue.

On 2/20/2018 at 1:06 PM, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, you wouldn't miss it if it still popped up. It appeared in the center of your screen, and you had to "x" it to continue.

Okay, I'm not seeing anything like that.

On 2/20/2018 at 1:03 PM, MovieCollectorOH said:

Me eitherMaybe your browser has a recently added plugin that is too strict?  I have a plugin called YesScript2 which shuts off Javascript for a specific website if I click on its icon while that site is up.  That is for certain other websites that constantly refresh themselves as I read them, causing me to lose my place.  It totally renders this site useless, as it removes the buttons and posting field since in this case they are driven by Javascript.

Well, I just tried a little experiment. First Refreshed, then closed and reopened my browser. No change.
Still been using Firefox 57.0.2 (64-bit), and haven't changed any of my settings (except resetting my Third Party Cookie preferences after I view something ON-DEMAND from TCM). And the browser was allowing me to use post reactions just before they stopped posting.
So unless Firefox just automatically changed something (like MS 10 is prone to do) then I don't think that is a factor. But I still have an older version of 32 bit Firefox on board. I will close out and open that one to double check. Be back in a minute.

Nope, same O' even with Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit).
Doesn't appear to be a direct browser issue... or does it?
Any other ideas before I have to resort to a Mod for any sort of, ahem, "help."
Boy that sorta sounds like an anachronistic thing to say, around here, doesn't it?

5 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

Okay, I'm not seeing anything like that.

Well, I just tried a little experiment. First Refreshed, then closed and reopened my browser. No change.
Still ben using Firefox 57.0.2 (64-bit), and haven't changed any of my settings (except resetting my Third Party Cookie preferences after I view something ON-DEMAND from TCM). And the browser was allowing me to use post reactions just before they stopped posting.
So unless Firefox just automatically changed something (like MS 10 is prone to do) then I don't think that is a factor. But I still have an older version of 32 bit Firefox on board. I will close out and open that one todouble check. Be back in a minute.

It just makes zero sense to me that anyone at TCM would take the time to go in and just do that to your account, or that it might even be possible.

One thing to consider is that you just used the same user profile, but with a different revision of the same browser.  So I wouldn't expect different results.

If you want, in Firefox you can click on Help/Restart With Add-ons Disabled.  Then after it prompts you for "Refresh" or "Safe Mode", click on "Safe Mode".  Be sure to click on Safe Mode.  That will restart it without add-ons.  You can resume later on by closing and reopening as usual.

1 minute ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

It just makes zero sense to me that anyone at TCM would take the time to go in and just do that to your account, or that it might even be possible.

One thing to consider is that you just used the same user profile, but with a different revision of the same browser.  So I wouldn't expect different results.

If you want, in Firefox you can click on Help/Restart With Add-ons Disabled.  Then after it prompts you for "Refresh" or "Safe Mode", click on "Safe Mode".  Be sure to click on Safe Mode.  That will restart it without add-ons.  You can resume later on by closing and reopening as usual.

Okay, thanks, I'll try that. I'm going to restart with Firefox 57.0.2 and see what (if anything) happens.

• Like 1

Boy in "Safe Mode" everything turned into a slug. Kept seeing a message that my browser was slowing things down, No Sh*t. But still unable to "React" to anything.
I see Thenryb recent "reactions" though. Thanks for checking.
Okay, I'm going to try two more things.
First the simple reboot.
Then, if still no "worky" I'll give it a 24 hour rest break, from Reaction posting. Just in case that quota thing is still there, but just not working like it should.
Then if still no worky, and no other suggestions from you fine intelligent fellows, then as a "last resort" I'll ask a Mod for "help." <_<
Be back in a few.

I wasn't even aware this site had any kind of quota system in place - and if they do it's for the wrong things.  I guess that's "inside info" around here. :lol:

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

I wasn't even aware this site had any kind of quota system in place - and if they do it's for the wrong things.  I guess that's "inside info" around here. :lol:

Well, I am indeed perplexed. :blink:
Still not allowing me to post any "reactions" and I can't think of what else to try?
I will wait 24 hrs, just in case, but I doubt that will make a difference.
If you come up with any additional suggestions between now and then, please let me know here.
I may end up just making an actual post for future "Reactions" (but far fewer than I would otherwise).
We'll see....

Thanks all, for trying to help me "brainstorm" this little thing! :)

I got reactions from you to a couple of my posts about 20 hours ago. Is this just a recent thing?

6 minutes ago, Thenryb said:

I got reactions from you to a couple of my posts about 20 hours ago. Is this just a recent thing?

Yep. As far as I can assess, it appears to have begun (or rather stopped) sometime late last night.... for some mysterious reason??? :unsure:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Stephan55 said:

Nope, same O' even with Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit).
Doesn't appear to be a direct browser issue... or does it?
Any other ideas before I have to resort to a Mod for any sort of, ahem, "help."
Boy that sorta sounds like an anachronistic thing to say, around here, doesn't it?

Just a thought, but open up a command prompt shell & enter

ping content.invisioncic.com

and see if the pings get through - IIRC, the reaction function appears to call stuff from that subdomain & may misbehave if it can't be reached for whatever reason.

• Thanks 1

I'm not having any problems with them at all.  I'm assuming(and possibly wrongly) that you might be accessing the site from something other than a desktop PC? That's all I ever use, and somehow I don't have any of the other issues some here often complain about.  And if you look in the dictionary under "technophobe", you'll see a picture of ME there! :D

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

And if you look in the dictionary under "technophobe", you'll see a picture of ME there! :D

maxresdefault-678x381.jpg

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, Sepiatone said:

I'm not having any problems with them at all.  I'm assuming(and possibly wrongly) that you might be accessing the site from something other than a desktop PC? That's all I ever use, and somehow I don't have any of the other issues some here often complain about.  And if you look in the dictionary under "technophobe", you'll see a picture of ME there! :D

Sepiatone

Nope Sepia, I was using my old faithful PC... I'm not tech savvy enough yet to employ such devices as "Smart Phones" "IPads" and the like. And I am fearful of having an eavesdropping "Smart TV" (that thinks it's smarter than I am) around that I may not be able to effectively "lobotomize."

But I do see that after no further posting or attempts at making any REACTIONS to anyone else's posts around here that the ability to actually make those REACTIONS has been restored to me. :)

I can only assume that there is in fact a daily REACTION cap here that I must have reached, which (in my case) failed to inform me of such. And it appears to be a 24 hour Cap....
If this is an accurate assessment, then it would be nice if we were all made aware of what our REACTION limit actually is, with perhaps some counter, so that we could monitor ourselves and avoid being confused about this (as I was).
I am wondering what exactly could be the purpose of such a REACTION Cap Limit in the first place???
Anyone have any ideas about that???

In the meantime, now that I am aware that it exists... I'm going to be more careful on who and when I make any sort of a "Reactionary" response to, to avoid a repeat performance! :rolleyes:
Thanks All for attempting to help me "troubleshoot" this strange phenomenon.  :)

• Like 1