Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you fall asleep watching movies too ? the ZZZZ thread

dsclassic

Hello again,

If some of you have read my comments on some of the threads you will notice I mention how I tend to fall asleep when I watch movies

Sometimes I will play something to make sure I take a nap during it like MST3K or some movie I have seen countless times

Other times I get too comfortable lying down watching ( I focus best lying down to watch a movie for the 1st time) and suddenly I pass out..

Still other times a weeknight after work can be hard to watch a movie again due to being tired

Anyone else tend to pass out or ZZZZZ during a movie, even if it is against your will ?

Red Bull, Gatorade, Face washing have all failed...any tips out there ?

Also, ever notice when you do wake up after dozing off, your mind is a little off, usually negative toward the movie you are watching, like your whole outlook has changed?

Definitely. I'm usually exhausted when I get home, and I try my best to stay awake when watching a movie. My body always wins. Unfortunately, it happened again last night. I wanted to see Tell Them Willie Boy is Here. After the first 30 minutes, I fell asleep. It looks like an interesting movie, and hopefully it will re-air in the future.

Not lying down tends to work, but like you, I'm into the movie a lot more if I'm in a comfortable position.

Today I played an MST3K episode on purpose that was sure to put me back to sleep, I go up too early and after my wife went to work I felt sleepy, so I popped in a VHS of one of the shows I have seen 20+ times by now and off I went to sleep, 90 minutes of ZZZZ

This happens to me all the time. As has been mentioned, it has nothing to do with the quality of the movie. We're just tired. Who do you know who gets enough sleep? That's why I don't have this problem on weekends. I'm better rested. Work days? Goodnight!

I rarely watch films all the way through. I simply don't have the time. Instead, I watch in segments of about thirty minutes, picking up and putting down like a book. I think this helps me, as I'm not watching the last half tired or falling asleep. It also gives me time away from the film to reflect on what I have seen and anticipate what is to come.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings