Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Food of the Gods

joefilmone

I would like to see a good adaptation of this classic HG Welles novel. Harryhausen was planning one too bad he never did it- imagine a George Pal production with Harryhausen fx- that would have been an instant classic.

Message was edited by: joefilmone

Joe, if I'm not mistaken, American-International churned out a hideous looking and ultra cheapie version in the 70s that starred Marjoe Gortner and Ida Lupino was in it. It showed blown-up scenes of rabbits and animals projected against miniatures and hand-held puppets attacking the poor humans. It was really the pits and so very bad that it was almost fun to watch. Naturally, the King of Cheap, Roger Corman, directed it.

Thanks, for correcting me about who made THE FOOD OF THE GODS. Usually when I think of terrible 50s sci-fi flicks, I think of Roger Corman. By the way, VILLAGE OF THE GIANTS is one of my faves--primarily because it's got Freddie Cannon belting out something about "look at her go...little sixteen I love the best." And those fruggin', twisting dancers are sooo cool!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings