Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

help with film title

jjayl

HELP! name of film?

I'm looking for the title of an old black and white film that features medieval knights that turn out to be ghosts at the end of the film. All i remember about the film is it was quite dark and eerie and had lots of rolling fog.There was two knights talking in a graveyard/battlefied.At the end of the film the two armies of dead knights rise up and fight.At a guess the film was made in the 30's or 40's. I've tried IMDB (no luck). I'm sure the film was mentioned once by a 2000AD writer/artist in an interview.

It's driving me nuts!!! p.s it's not the seventh seal. please help!!!!

It's driving me up the wall I can't sleep I've stopped shaving HELP! all I remember is a group of crusader type knights who end up fighting with/against zombie/faceless knights.I think It's a very old black and white film. The last time I saw the film was when I was a kid back 1975.Think of ghostly knights rising up to fight for one last battle. The girlfriend has advised me to let it go....but I can't!!! someone somewhere knows this film. The film might not be a black and white film, it might just be that I saw the film on a black and white television. Thank you for the response.

Message was edited by: jjayl

Message was edited by: jjayl

I haven't seen this film in decades, but it could be Sergie Eisenstein's "Aleksandr Nevsky" (1938). It is in B&W, has two knights talking on a battlefield, rolling fog, and IIRC ghosts of the dead on the battlefield. The Russians are fighting the Germans, who are wearing helmets that obstruct their faces.

Message was edited by: Jezebel38

Thank you for the reply but I don't think it's Alexander Nevsky or Dreams. Alexander Nevsky looks a great film. I think the film I'm looking for is an English film along the lines of Hamlet. My quest continues.

Thanks for that but I don't think it's Tower of London(I'll try and watch it to confirm).The film I'm looking for is very much in that vain and era. What I remember is the film being shot mainly with the same scene. It was outdoors and the knights are at some big iron gates, at night time with lots of rolling fog possibly grave stones and an old gnarled tree. The final scene sees these knights in armor rise up on horses (I think) and charge into one last final battle. I think the clever bit of the film is you do not realise the main character knight is a dead ghost untill the end. Thanks for all suggestions so far.

I saw a trailer for Tower of London and it's not the film I'm after. I also watched Alexander Nevsky again this was not the film I'm looking for.It's also not the blind dead series. The film I'm after is bit more esoteric. Think of a group of Knights/soldiers in purgatory. The last scene is the Knights dead comrades rising up to fight one last time. Knights in armor rise up from the rolling fog. These knights have no faces. I think the film was made in the 50's or early 60's

As I'm new to the site I was wondering how I can ask Mongo if he/she knows the film I'm trying to find. Many Thanks,

Will do.

It could have been a tv show.

I really did not think I would have this much trouble. It's been driving me nuts all weekend.The film/tv show was recently mentioned in an interveiw by a comic writer (Alan Moore I think) and I thought It must be quite well known and there for should be easy to find. I'm now on my fouth sleepless night!!

Oooh... thanks for that. Alas I did not find my film. I'm starting to think it might have been a 1 hour TV "play for today" type thing. Something Vincent Price or Hitchcock might have done. It was recently mentioned by a comic writer in an interview (possibly Alan Moore). Because it was mentioned I thought it must be a well known film and wouldn't be to difficult to find and yet four sleepless nights later I still don't have the answer!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings