Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM give us some old movie serials

plucas23

true they would be rather long...although they could do what the powers that be did did with the Flash Gordon movie "Mars attacks the earth". That one was actually a serial that got down to movie from what I understand...I think that'd be a shame though because that means we'd be missing out on all those cheesy "hero jumps out of the car right before it goes over the cliff moments" that made them so fun.

And, unless you were too young to be going to the matinees in the 40's (as I suspect most of you posters are), you might remember the shorts that featured some kind of crazy obstacle laden race where the contestants wore numbers on their backs that corresponded to the number on a ticket you were given when you entered the theater.

If the contestant with your number won, you were given a prize. Since the ultimate winner was known to the theater owner, I always wondered if anyone ever won. I never did. But it was fun for a bunch of kids watching B movies at Saturday matinees.

--Gus Cerini

I'd love to see some of the old movie serials. I remember when we first got television in our home in 1957 or 1958 they had a western series, about an hour long, that was on every day when we got home from school. It had Tim Holt and Chito Rafferty. Would like to see those again.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings