Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The first movie from 2008 I will see is -

dsclassic

Ok theater patrons, what will be the first movie you to go to see in theaters this year..

What will be the first movie you rent in 2008 that was made in 2007 while we are at it :)

For me, it will be IronMan in the theater, the first movie I rent from 2007 is probably (GULP) , D-War (yes I heard it sucked but I want to see the dragons) , followed by The Invasion, The Mist , Beuwolf(SP), and I am Legend & Cloverfield which will be on DVD 3 months after the theatrical run, and in 6 months a directors cut from it :)

It came out at the very end of '07, but the first one I saw this year is "Juno." A little too hipster for its own good, but the cast is good, and Jennifer Garner is excellent (I know, shocking). I still haven't gotten around to "Sweeney Todd;" that's probably next.

"I Am Legend" is a disappointment (sadly, because the whole "last man on earth" genre is one I love), but I am looking forward to "Cloverfield."

MaryJ,

Sweeney Todd is considered a 2007 release. It opened around Christmas Day in limited release.

It just went into wider release last week, I believe.

It will be eligible for Oscar nominations.

The Academy Award nominations will be announced next week.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings