Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EL ULTIMO MALON (1919): trying to come out with a soundtrack

radiotelefonia

I have this 1919 film from Argentina, which recreates the final rebellion of Native Americans in my native country, featuring the very same Indians!

The video I have is a black and white version, although Roberto Di Chiara preserves the original release print with all of the original tints.

My problem is to get appropiate music for it. Since the action is not in Buenos Aires, and it is not a city story, I cannot use tango music.

Unfortunately, I am not an expert in folklore, although I could welcome Vidalitas, Gatos, Zambas, Chacareras, Milongas and Malambos (several of our national rhytms) to create a soundtrack.

I don't think that anybody can help me with this rare film. But I will score it.

Anyway, TCM nor any important or lesser DVD editor will ever make it available. Although it is already available for download, I will.

I have found melodies:

A friend living in Canada made 34 home recordings of folkloric non tango melodies, mostly from Argentina and Uruguay, but also from Ecuador, Per? and M?xico.

I only have to let him know.

If you want to hear the songs (and download each sheet music score), just go here:

http://www.esnips.com/web/PianoyFolklore

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings