Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Late 60s, early 70s New York City teens

DandE

I remember seeing some film about two teenagers in New York, he's in love with her and she's not reciprocating. She gets pregnant and he raises the cash for a procedure by borrowing it from his dad or other father figure who I think might have been a dentist. Ring any bells? I saw it very late at night in the mid 80s and then never again.

Thanks!

Edwin

Nope. Much earlier than that and much younger lead actors. Also, a little bit different in that she's the one playing hard to get. It's more about a life lesson in disappointment for the young man. I don't recall a happy ending, but I could be wrong. It's also pretty much all shot in Manhattan. I remember lots of Central Park. I'm thinking 1968, maybe? It could be a little later, but certainly before 1974.

Thanks, though!

Edwin

Actually, sounds more like Blue Denim (1959). Brandon DeWilde and Carol Lynley.

I happen to have directed a stage production of that script about 1968 or so, in a community

theater summer project. Google that title, and you'll certainly find a story that fits the description

you gave. The characters were, indeed, teenagers and high-schoolers.

Good luck.

It sounds to me like TO FIND A MAN (1972) with Pamela Sue Martin and Darren O'Conner

I'm swiping what follows from a user comment on IMDB:

"The two teens, Pamela Sue Martin and Darren O'Conner, are the stars, and they give as realistic a portrayal of two teenagers in a dilemma that many have had to face countless times before them, but they don't know that. Ms. Martin is perfect as the teenage girl who despite her intelligence, never thinks before she acts in matters of love.

As for matters of honor, she knows she using O'Conner because he has a pubescent crush on her, and she's neither milking it for all its worth nor shying away from accepting his misguided but genuine kindness. For O'Conner's part, he really knows Martin's not going to stick with him after he helps her solve his problem, but the dignity with which he handles the entire situation is nothing short of masterful in his own perfectly awkward way. Lloyd Bridges and Phyllis Newman are marvelous as the clueless parents and Tom Ewell is surprisingly effective in a non-humorous role. This one is well worth seeing."

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings