Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Countess of Monte Cristo 1948

bmtman

Dose anyone here know if the comedy musical Countess of Monte Cristo is available on video ? and where I might obtain a copy, this movie stars Sonja Henie and Arthur Treacher, it's another lost musical compleete with great ice skating by Sonja Henie, any help would be appreicated. Karl

Actually, I think the Henie film that was released on VHS by MGM back in the 1990s was "It's a Pleasure (1945)," her second-to-last film and her only film in Technicolor.

I've never seen "Countess" but would like to. I don't know if it's "lost" so much as "neglected"--my guess is it's just like lots of Universal films from the 1940s that lie gathering dust in the vaults because the studio doesn't think it could make any money from making a print available. And perhaps Universal no longer has the rights to the film--who knows?

Sorry, I goofed. Got the two films mixed up. Its possible that Universal no longer holds the rights to the film. Many Universal films in the intervening years wwere acquired by Republic, went over to Artisan and I guess this catalogue of films are now are owned by Paramount. Such films as A DOUBLE LIFE, ONE TOUCH OF VENUS, etc fell into this catetgory. Mostly these were Universal-International releases. One title I would like to see is THE DARK MIRROR. I wouldn't hold my breath about Paramount having any interest in releasing these film.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings