Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MAKE OUT SESSION

CineMaven

A Movie Star?! We're stopping with movie stars? Okay, it has to be Joel McCrea or Troy Donahue. I been thinking about an old golf partner for weeks now, ever since I discovered he was divorced. But the last 3 couples who have broken up in my wide circle of friends, it was because the husband has come "out of the closet"..... It's bringing me down with the thought that my personal media hero may have joined the other team :-( ... It would help my fantasies if he still prefers a slightly crazy aquarian woman.

Troy Donahue and Sandra Dee, in the abandoned building by the sea in "A Summer Place"; that scene was there for us love-sick and love-starved girls like me. It is so sweet when Sandra would give him the plot line of a monster-movie for their alibi. I learned about creating alibis on dates from that movie. I tried not to think about what happened to Sandra because she went with Troy to the abandoned building (she got pregnant).

Joel McCrea putting the moves on Jean Arthur in "The More The Merrier" and Veronica Lake in "Sullivan's Travels"--he's seems he be a great "make out King" too. Frances Dee was one lucky woman-and they stayed married their whole lifetime! When I'm feeling low or under-appreciated, those are the magic moments I think about!

Erebus wrote:

The first to come to mind were Lee Remick and Michelle Pfeiffer, due to intelligence, attitude, and looks.

casablacalover wrote:

If that was your qualifications for make out sessions, how come I would have to sit home on Saturday nights in high school?

I reply:

Sounds like we missed out. But the back in high school I was afraid of almost everything, especially good looking girls.

Message was edited by: Erebus -- You know, I try to make text italic or bold, to set up a post, but it doesn't take. Apparently a lot of folks here have figured this out, but the fact is I really don't want to expend any effort to learn how to do it. I select the text, click on the italic icon, but the text doesn't present in italic. And the screen tells me I can click on "preview" to preview my post, but there isn't any "preview" icon that I can see. I can go to almost any website and the navigation is intuitive, but TCM operates with a 1950s version of the internet. Rant finished.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings