Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Identifying Movie Title

dh3

I'm trying to find the title of a movie, a part of which I saw many years ago.

Black and White, probably made in late 40s or early 50s, not really a film d'noir, but clearly a mystery, set in a college/university environment, features an elitist professor trying to receive or having received tenure, suspects wife of severe neurosis, (can't exactly remember, but believe) professor husband either was trying to get wife committed or perhaps was attempting to murder her.

Any ideas of the title would be appreciated.

Mabey the film "Whirlpool"...????

Gene Tierney, the star of Laura, director Preminger's first big success, is Ann Sutton, the wife of a successful psychoanalyst (Richard Conte). When arrested for shoplifting, Ann is saved from scandal by smooth talking hypnotist David Korvo (Jos? Ferrer). Korvo is not what he seems to be and soon she soon finds herself involved in blackmail and murder. Ann is unsure whether or not she committed a crime. Her distant, but loyal, husband stands up for her and eventually sets up the hypnotist who he thinks is behind all the misdeeds.

I believe I may have found the answer to my own question. Some of my previously described sketchy plot details may have been wrong, but after having done several searches for key terms today, I believe the movie I was searching for is "Home Before Dark" (1958).

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings