Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

December Schedule

lonniee720

Just got the schedule for December. I'm really disappointed by the small number of Christmas movies. Remember October? There were Halloween / Horror movies every day. Multiple ones. This really bums me out. I mean, HOW in the world could they omit "White Christmas?"

There are a great many Christmas movies and Christmas programs on TV (like Burl Ives' "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"...I can't get through the season without watching it) that are worth taping or buying, including "White Christmas". I started taping or buying them many years ago and I am so glad that I did because I can watch them when I want to, and not miss one if I'm out Christmas shopping or whatever. If you look around, most of the best Christmas Video's or DVD's are available, and are reasonably priced, and well worth buying. Just a thought, anyway (smile).

I happen to like the short films that TCM presents at Christmas. Especially "Star in the Night" with J. Carrol Naish as the owner of a motel/eatery in the desert. It's a modern (1945) story about the Nativity and heartwarming indeed. Also musical selections from movies with Mario Lanza singing Ave Maria and Garland singing Silent Night among other goodies.

That suits me just fine.

Mongo

I have seen that "Star in the Night" short and it is great! I think they even air it (or a facsimile thereof) on the syndicated Sunday morning series either "Insight" or "Pattern for Living" (those 21-minute Christian films) here locally at this time of year.