Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1001: The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari (1919)

CrazyJustin2007

I'm receiving tons of e-mails that have nothing to do with my thread, which was a vote for Richard Widmark to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award for his consistently solid performances throughout a long career--and he turned 93 on Dec. 26th.

Also (irrelevantly), some praise for Wm. Wyler's use of imagery in THE LETTER (my italics won't work) to implement his ironic vision: Bette Davis/Leslie Crosbie's calm and concentrated crocheting of a lace shawl, the picture of respectable domesticity--while awaiting trial for emptying a revolver into her married lover; Tony Gaudio's evocative cinematography, alternating shadowy darkness with moonlight, along with Max Steiner's mood-enhancing, Asian/oriental-infused music to create an eerie atmosphere of fear and mortal danger while a party is going on inside the house to celebrate Leslie's acquittal.

I don't even know to what the e-mails I keep receiving pertain..This snafu may be my fault inasmuich as I went exploring and couldn't get back to the topic. Consequently, I wrote my comments under Actors and Actresses Who Should Have Won an Oscar but Didn't. I was prepared to wow all you mavens with my knowledge of that topic until I discovered that most of my names you had already mentioned.

I'll blame my ineptitude on my octogenarian state.

Madeleine 2322 .

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings