Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
classicsfan1119

'Tis the Season!

Yes bgg!! How wild - I wasn't sure if it was just a local syndicated series or if it was a nation-wide network that carried "Wild Kingdom" - didn't even think anyone would know who I meant. I knew Perkins was a St. Louis zoologist who worked closely with the StL zoo... Did your region of the country have "Dana Brown" coffee, too?

No on the Dana Brown up here in Seattle. I'm not sure if if it was a network show up here or not. It was during the 60's and 70's and I can not remember what channel, time, or day it was on. I just remember that it was one of my favorites.

Also, the expression "in his cups" might date me a little. Perhaps others around here who are near my age can back me up on this expression quite commonly used in our age group (smile).

Not in your age group ML; but I know you are right in saying the expression "in his cups" means drunk. Here's a few more--"three sheets to the wind", "soused", "pie-eyed", "blotto", "pickled", "rat arsed"......;)

This one's for coffeedan...

Just thought I'd let you know I found A CHRISTMAS CAROL--Chuck Jones on ebay and won the auction!! Got it for $16.00 on DVD. I really lucked out because the one I was bidding on previously sold for $51.00!! I can't wait till it arrives, and thanks again for recommending it!

One of my faves for (tipsy, smashed, polluted) from the 3 Stooges: "Don't chop the wood mother; father's coming home with a load."

Hope that this posts correctly, but I was wondering if anyone else has seen two seemingly forgotten films,

The Holly and the Ivy with Denholm Eliot and

Dead of Night with Sally Anne Howe (one very spooky story in this anthology film centers on a children's Christmas party). I wish that these would be broadcast again at this time of year.