Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Overboard

traceyk65

I had seen this movie way back when it came out, but I'd forgotten it until it was on TV a few nights ago. Very funny movie and the chemistry between Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell is fantastic, (which makes sense, since they have been together for years.) It's really almost a screwball comedy, as the main characters begin by despising each other, there's lots of slapstick and they fall in love, but only after the uptight character is whipped into shape (sort of like "The Lady Eve" or "Bringing up Baby" except with the roles reversed).

Don't know who the guy was playing Russell's best friend, but he was perfect playing the scruffy bachelor pal who hangs around your house and eats your food (My husband has one of those--he's like another kid lol)

• 3 months later...

Oh yeah, the friend of Kurt Russell was called "Big Billy Pratt". I don't know the actor's name but I have seen him before.

Absolutely love that film! Such a delight! I love it when her nails are tacky and she picks up all the gnats on her new polish! Fun film! Bird on a Wire is another fun movie with adventure and some very sexy moments!

• 1 month later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings