Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Charles Donat"!?

Karmala

I can't tell you how many times I have grimaced in pain at the mispronunciations and misleading or downright wrong (brief) descriptions of the movies to follow. Whoever the creative genius at TCM who hired the breathy female trying for sexy, sultry and seductive with her intimate drawl, should at least teach her how to pronounce what she is introducing, that the movie "Mayerling" (my italics aren't working) is pronounced "Myerling," at least in the movie, and not MAYerling. Consistently incorrect pronunciations and incorrect names of actors (CHARLES Donat) serve only to discredit TCM and act as a ludicrous contrast to articulate and knowledgeable Robert Osborne. I tolerate the trying repetition of some very bad movies for the sake of seeing again and again the golden oldies. But repeated inaccuracies from what sounds like an airhead is unworthy of TCM and a disservice to its loyal viewers.

Madeleine 2322

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings