Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Three Convicts Meet Their Match

FierceGeek

I'm looking for a B&W movie I watch as a young boy, it featured 3 escaped convicts that recover their illegal money and hide out an old spinster?s house. She's considered a little crazy by her neighbors and the police, they don't believe her stories. At the end all three of the convicts are dead leaving her all the money.

Thanks for the help,

Boyd

That doesn't look like it, not old enough for one thing. I also remember the old spinster had a tendency to leave her umbrella at the police station when she visited them to report various crimes or aliens in the neighborhood, that is until the end when she has all that money to buy a new one.

Hope that helps,

Boyd

FierceGeek -

The more little details you provide, the more it does sound like The Ladykillers.

In The Ladykillers the little old lady carries an umbrella and forgets it at a very important point in the movie. She also often goes to the police to report suspicious activity - including a martian invasion that was actually just a drama she overheard on the radio.

If The Ladykillers isn't the film you are looking for I recommend you check it out anyway. It is a wonderful film.

Kyle In Hollywood

It was on TV and about 35 years ago and yes my memory could be playing with me, I'm going to rent the 1955 version of The Laykillers so I'll let you know. From what I recall I'm thinking Humphrey Bogart era, I think I would remember Peter Sellers or Alec Guinness.

Cheers,

Boyd

Message was edited by: FierceGeek

I think I found the movie!??

"The Whisperers" (1967)

It tells the story of an impoverished old woman living alone in a seedy apartment who lives in a fantasy world in which she is an heiress. When she discovers stolen money hidden by her son, she believes her fantasy has come true.

Is this it!??!

My apologies to all, especially those who recommended "The Ladykillers", I watched it last night and although it didn't exactly match my memory (what a cruel trick it played on me:) ) it was the movie I was looking for, I think. I must have watched it on a B&W TV at the time and later blended it with another movie I saw. Please accept my thanks and humble apologies for doubting your expertise.

Cheers,

Boyd

Message was edited by: FierceGeek

I liked it, 4 out of 5 stars, Alec G. was easily recognizable but I had to squint to recognize Peter S. what a difference!...lol Wouldn't a sequel be hilarious, watching the police (and everyone else) trying to get the money back once they realized she really did have it and they had given her permission to keep it:) Professor Marcus was right, it would take 30 or 40 men to handle Mrs. Wilberforce...LOL

Cheers,

Boyd

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings