Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nancy

Moby Dick, 1930 with Joan Bennett

Hello! I am looking for the movie Moby Dick made in 1930 with Joan Bennett I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the web. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Nancy

It's not available on Home Video. TCM has shown this film resently, But it's not currently on their schedule. Funny you can purchase the Silent 1926 (The Sea Beast) version with John Barrymore (who also stars in the 1930 version ) @ Oldies.com

Maybe someone here taped the film and is willing to trade.

vallo

Hello! I am looking for the movie Moby Dick made in 1930 with Joan Bennett I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the web. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Nancy

Does Bennett play the title role?

I saw this movie on TCM awhile back ... ridiculous ending ... Melville must have rolled over in his grave.

>ridiculous ending

I thought the whole film was ridiculous, especially Barrymore jumping around the ship like an acrobat and adding a love interest. Making it "The Crimson Pirate" with a whale.

Kind of puts a damper on the story. The Huston-Peck version is the better adaptation to the Melville novel.

vallo

I'm not sure if this is still a possibility, but several years ago I rented this film on VHS from Eddie Brandt's Saturdary Matinee in North Hollywood, CA.

At the time they used to rent videos buy mail much the way that Netflix works today, but A) I don't know if they do that anymore and B) I don't know if they still have that film in their collection. However, I'm throwing it out there in case you wish to contact them to find out.